St Vincent’s Health Australia
Gr 2 Physiotherapist – Orthopaedics
- Casual Weekend Position
- Flexible roster
- Friendly and dynamic team
About St. Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 5,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
The Physiotherapy Department provides high quality clinical services across a spectrum of acute, sub-acute and outpatient services. The Department works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide assessment, treatment and a range of therapeutic services to optimise patient care and maximise function. The Department is committed to fostering excellence in evidence based clinical care, research and education.
About the Role
Enthusiastic and experienced senior orthopaedic Physiotherapists are required for weekend work of up to 5 hours per Saturday / Sunday / Public holiday.
These weekend positions involve providing services to priority patients under the orthopaedic, plastic and rheumatology units. Applicants will need to have excellent orthopaedic and acute ward skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic physiotherapist to join a cohesive and progressive integrated team, committed to excellence in clinical practice, research, service improvement and professional development.
Must have, or be currently eligible for, National Physiotherapist Registration.
Classifications for this position will range from Physiotherapist Grade 2 VB1 - VB4($81,300 - $93,400 per annum).
- Provide appropriate clinical management for all orthopaedic, plastics and rheumatology inpatients.
- Assessment, planning and treatment including education for all orthopaedic inpatients.
- Communicate assessment and treatment outcomes to nursing, medical and other Allied Health staff via documentation and handovers.
- Advising on the care of orthopaedic inpatients in outlying wards when requested.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years post graduate physiotherapy experience
- Recent physiotherapy experience in an acute orthopaedic setting
- Demonstrated superior assessment and treatment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to staff supervision, development and continuing education
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are requiring a diligent and responsible individual to be responsible for the cleaning of a small live performance venue in Fitzroy. Could suit student or candidate with preference for early starts [...]
The Night Cat is seeking a Social Media Assistant! Starting at roughly X2 6 hour days a week. Core objectives include: - Schedule Night Cat posts and announces for all incoming shows as instructe [...]
Seeking motivated positive-attitude, happy, outgoing Junior Medical Receptionist Your responsibilities include managing front reception desk, liaising with patients, supporting other staff members an [...]
About the role With over 700 stores across the country, Coles Express is one of Australia’s leading fuel and convenience retailers. Whether it’s filling up the car, grabbing food to go, or toppi [...]