St Vincent’s Health Australia
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Permanent Part Time, at 16 hours per week
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
The Cancer Centre at St. Vincent’s Hospital provides services to patients with cancer in the ambulatory setting. This is includes the Chemotherapy Day Unit and clinics for Medical Oncology, Clinical Haematology, Psychosocial and Palliative Care.
About the Role
The Patient Services Clerk is accountable for providing clerical support and facilitating patient management to the Cancer Centre. The PSC will be involved in admitting and discharging patients, reception duties, delivering customer service of a high standard and providing compressive administrative assistance to the Cancer Centre.
This position will include a wide range of duties including handling medical records and patient information, dealing with telephone enquiries, filling of medical records, making appointments and liaising with patients, doctors, nurses and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Classification for this position will be a HS1 ($58,442.80 base salary per annum - pro rata for part time)
- Accurately enter patient admissions, attendances, discharges, appointments in the Patient Administration System and MOSAIQ
- Ensure all discharges completed by end of shift, and patient records are filed ready for return to HIS.
- Ensure all outpatient appointment and transport is organised
- Accurately enter electronic billing for MBS clinics and ensure GP referral.
- Complete MBS billing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience in the health industry
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of Patient Administration Systems and Mosaiq
- Demonstrated communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are requiring a diligent and responsible individual to be responsible for the cleaning of a small live performance venue in Fitzroy. Could suit student or candidate with preference for early starts [...]
The Night Cat is seeking a Social Media Assistant! Starting at roughly X2 6 hour days a week. Core objectives include: - Schedule Night Cat posts and announces for all incoming shows as instructe [...]
Seeking motivated positive-attitude, happy, outgoing Junior Medical Receptionist Your responsibilities include managing front reception desk, liaising with patients, supporting other staff members an [...]
About the role With over 700 stores across the country, Coles Express is one of Australia’s leading fuel and convenience retailers. Whether it’s filling up the car, grabbing food to go, or toppi [...]