St Vincent’s Health Australia
Grade 3 Physiotherapist – General Medicine / Gerontology
- Part time (19hours per week), permanent position
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care,
correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
The Physiotherapy Department provides high quality clinical services across a spectrum of acute, sub-acute and outpatient services. The Department works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide assessment, treatment and a range of therapeutic services to optimise patient care and maximise function. The Department is committed to fostering excellence in evidence based clinical care, research and education
About the Role
An opportunity currently exists for a suitably qualified, experienced physiotherapist to join the physiotherapy department on a permanent part time basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing high quality physiotherapy management within the acute general medical and complex aged service as part of the cardiorespiratory team based at St Vincent’s Hospital Fitzroy. This position provides leadership to the acute general medical service and aims to provide a comprehensive geriatric approach within the acute hospital environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic physiotherapist to join a cohesive and progressive integrated team, committed to excellence in clinical practice, research and professional development.
Must have, or be currently eligible for, National Physiotherapist Registration.
Classifications for this position will range from Physiotherapist Grade 3 VB7 - VC1($93,800 - $107,200 per annum).
- Provide appropriate evidenced based assessment, planning and treatment and clinical physiotherapy management for all patients
- Participate in and/ or lead relevant handover, case review and team meetings
- Participate in review and development of policy and strategy for the physiotherapy department and medical services
- Actively participate in mentorship and supervision of staff as required
- Senior leadership within the team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Seven years of post graduate experience
- Broad experience in and knowledge of physiotherapy
- Ability to manage efficiently and effectively a clinical caseload across the designated service
- Demonstrated commitment to staff supervision, development and continuing education
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- A current driver’s license
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Please note two positions are available - one permanent opportunity available now, and one temporary opportunity commencing in May 2021. The Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local G [...]
Job no: 502580 Work type: Full time Location: Melbourne - CBD & Surrounds Categories: Venue Management Are you looking for your next challenge? The Australian Venue Co. family are looking [...]
BE A DIGITAL STORYTELLER. Join the digital legends at IGNITE®, and help us tell complex stories through intuitive online journeys. NOTE: Due to COVID-19 we have been working remotely as a team su [...]
Megan Park is always on the lookout for creative sales assistants to join our growing dynamic team. If you have fashion retail experience, excellent customer service and communications skills and woul [...]