Gold Fields – Granny Smith is currently seeking a Superintendent: Mine Planning to join the Technical Services team.
Reporting to the Unit Manager: Technical Services, you will provide expert technical and planning direction for current operations. You will also contribute directly to the achievement of an optimal production profile from underground mining operations through the provision of a technically focused planning function that encapsulates short term planning through to Life of Mine requirements in alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
This role is offered on 8 days on 6 days off, 4 days on 3 days off roster, and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times;
- Develop the individual and organisational capacity to consistently achieve deliverables by building and maintaining technical knowledge, keeping up to date with legislative changes, attending essential educational workshops, developing professional networks, participating in professional associations, and sharing this knowledge with the team.
- Secure the ongoing success of mining through the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the planning and production systems, ensuring that all systems are documented, controlled, and auditable across the business.
- Contribute to the most efficient utilisation of resources by ensuring that projects are ranked and evaluated in an appropriate manner that is aligned with strategic objectives and corporate guidelines.
- Ensure the most effective production profile through the preparation of robust plans that consider the application of varying mining methods and their impact on the economic viability of the ore resource within established site protocols and standards.
- Ensure a high yielding production profile through the preparation and finalisation of practical mine designs including infrastructure and developmental requirements that clearly demonstrate robustness in analysis, balance NPV & risk, adherence to site protocols & standards, and transparency.
- Ensure maximum return on investment by carrying out optimisation, design, and evaluation work, calculating ore reserves in accordance with established planning policies such as cut-off grades and legislative requirements.
- Ensure a consultative approach is utilised in the preparation of reports, plans, etc. by actively seeking stakeholder input, peer review, and evaluations, making use of organisational knowledge in order to achieve optimal outcomes. Comply with external audits and industry best practice by ensuring that all prepared models meet the requirements of JORC, SAMREC, and SOX standards.
- Ensure informed decisions can be made by developing, implementing, and monitoring reporting information (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually). Manage target delivery and safety, identify and plan short term extraction strategies, critical path, and high exposure areas.
The successful candidate’s CV would be expected to include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- +10 years underground engineering – preferably gold
- Demonstrated leadership, performance development experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Understanding of mining and environmental approvals
- Proficient in mining software such as Deswik.CAD, Deswik.Sched, Ventsim, and Microsoft Office
- Valid WA “C” Driver’s Licence
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to www.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
This reputable client a cold storage distribution company based in Laverton is seeking an OHS assistant. The right person will have great attention to detail, excellent and personable communication [...]
**Applications will only be accepted via the below link. It’s an exciting time to be part of the Babybee team. We’re currently experiencing high growth, entering new product categories, and e [...]
We are currently on the lookout for an enthusiastic and motivated Field Service Diesel Technician to work out of our Laverton branch. This is a full-time permanent position, working either a 7 x [...]
Right now, we have an opportunity for a highly motivated Equipment Services Specialist (Lube Truck Operator) to join our busy Laverton team on a 7x7 roster (Wednesday to Tuesday 12 hour days), workin [...]