The company is a provider of industrial electrical solutions to Australia and the greater Asia-Pacific region. Working across a number of industry sectors, including Food & Beverage, Mining, Water Infrastructure and Specialty Construction for Defence and Government projects. With increasing geographical scope of works, the company is looking to rapidly grow our electrical supervisors, and engage quality tradesmen to service our growing project and client base across the region.
Opportunities currently exist for suitably experienced Electrical Supervisors and Electrical Superintendents/Construction Managers in Papua New Guinea, and we are seeking expressions of interest for upcoming works in Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Tonga.
Our expat team are known for their performance in country, and are all able to demonstrate:
- Technical application and Australian standard interpretation
- Empathy and cultural understanding
- Organisational, communication and reporting skills
- Drive to succeed
Due to the current COVID travel restrictions, candidates must be willing to adhere to the following conditions:
- Potential 2 week quarantine (paid) on arrival and return
- Roster swing of 3 months on, 1 month off (including quarantine)
RequirementsAs an Electrical Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision, direction, mentoring, and development of a team of national employees, to ensure accurate, quality electrical installations as part of major projects. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Implementation of Safety policies and procedures, and fostering a safe working environment;
- Completion of regular quality audits to AS standards;
- Management and organisation of plant, materials and equipment required to execute works;
- A proven ability to multi-task and problem solve on the fly;
- Sound knowledge of MS suite of products including Project;
- Be confident working and communicating remotely through online portals, video conferencing or similar.
, your role requires:
- Large scale construction experience, ideally within the pacific region
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Solid experience in delivering safe and reliable construction solutions, with commitment to the safety, well-being and development of employees
- Overseeing the on-site delivery of defined scopes of work on schedule
- Management of a team of ex-pat and local supervisors
- Reviewing progress against plans, contractual arrangements and delivery milestones to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates
- Ensuring compliance in commercial and financial management including meeting of budgets and identifying cost saving measures.
All candidates will be able to produce:
- A current and valid electrical license
- A current and valid drivers license
- A valid passport with no travel restrictions
- An acceptable pre-employment medical, and visa entry medical for the applicable country
- A clear police check
BenefitsWe offer competitive remuneration for the right candidates, commensurate with skills and experience.
Opportunities for ongoing professional development are available and provide career progression pathways within the organisation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds. Please note due to the volume of applications received, we may only contact successful applicants.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Owner Drivers who have White Vehicles - Professional working environment - Generous Fuel Levy - Long Term work available - Weekly Pays About Us The Kings Group are the market leaders in the [...]
- Attractive career opportunity - Global multi-disciplinary professional services consulting firm - Landmark construction projects About us Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international spe [...]
Job no: 511312 Work type: Fixed Term Full Time Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney Division: Business Services - Join our In-house Talent Acquisition team with potential for a permanent [...]
- Suit ambitious, energetic sales person looking for their next step - Base salary plus unlimited, high earning commission - Stable, growing company SALES CONSULTANT METRO BRISBANE Part time [...]