Mineral Resources Limited
Tell me about the role
Our Mining Supervisors are a key part of our leadership team onsite. You have two main priorities; driving a safety first work culture that ensures an injury free work environment, but also protects our equipment and importantly, our environment. Secondly, you are responsible to meet our production targets. You achieve this through efficient and effective coordination of operators, but also through linking with the wider team onsite.
It isn't always easy bringing all the pieces of the puzzle together, but when you are able to do so, it is very rewarding for you and your team. We recognise and value the contributions our high performing teams make,
and often career opportunities arise on the back of sustained excellence.
What do you want from me?
First and foremost, someone who is willing to roll up their proverbial sleeves; someone who is not afraid to be part of a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
- Overseeing and managing our assets including people, plant and equipment, to achieve operational outcomes in safety, quality, performance, efficiency and cost
- Effectively manage an operations team
- Engaging with operators through pre-shift briefings
- Conducting regular site inspections, and daily interactions with the workforce
- Providing technical support and direction where required
- Ensuring team output and KPI's are on track, in line with Company objectives
- Maintaining and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What will I bring to the team?
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in an open pit environment
- Proven leadership ability and people management skills
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Hold Cert IV in Frontline Leadership
- Strong focus on safety and fostering a zero harm culture
- Tertiary qualification or Quarry Manager certificate desirable
Tell me a little more about MRL
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Sounds great - how do I apply?
You can apply via our careers portal, or directly from Seek. If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: 20 Jan 2021 W. Australia Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Join Australia's newest iron ore producer - Early stage mining venture - Fantastic career opportunity encompassing mine and marine operations Nathan River Resources is an Australian iron ore p [...]
- Are you a Plant Mechanic looking to work for a reputable global leader? - Based in Port Hedland - We offer career development and education support for further studies! Komatsu is a world lead [...]
Job Description Ideal applicants will currently reside in WA, and have the right to work in Australia Reporting to various Project Managers, the QA/QC Advisor/Welding Supervisor will: - Ensure comp [...]
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing. Our operations span across Australia. Our hands-on [...]