Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D; in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Field Marketing Manager, Mining
Location: Brisbane preferred (or Adelaide / Perth)
No of Direct Reports: 0
Reporting To: Senior Product Line Manager – Process Analytics & Bulk Material Handling
How will you make an impact?
The Field Marketing Manager for Mining will indirectly provide leadership and support to the global sales team for mining to ensure we meet our commercial and growth targets. Candidates for this role should have strong commercial acumen, a detailed understanding of the mining industry and the procurement process and have strong relationship building skills. This position will work closely with the Marketing team to bring new industry trends and needs to the attention of the Product Managers and help drive execution on New Product Introductions and new application growth opportunities.
What will you do?
- Provide indirect leadership and support to the global commercial team for mining to ensure we meet our AOP and growth targets
- Proactively work with each commercial team member to build a strong pipeline of opportunities
- Support the execution of the sales/tender process to maximise sales and meet AOP commitments
- Develop and maintain quarterly and yearly sales forecasts and present them to the leadership team as required. Continue to improve processes around forecasting to increase accuracy
- Lead the roll out of New Product Introductions to ensure the adoption of the product by the sales team and to ensure sales and vitality targets are met. Participate in the development and rollout of training on NPI’s
- Help identify and execute growth initiatives with the commercial team to provide continual bookings and revenue growth
- Work closely with the Applications and Product Managers to feed industry trends and competitor movements into NPI’s and strategic plans
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA (marketing, business management, metallurgy, or process control disciplines)
- Experience leading a commercial team successfully
- Experience selling capital equipment in the mining industry
- Experience working with a global customer base with regional sales teams
- A strong background in marketing, promotions and commercial strategy
- Experience working in a large company with colleagues based remotely
- Experience writing & presenting business cases
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of metallurgical principles
- Understanding of the mining & preconcentration processes
- Strong presentation skills
- Will have the flexibility to travel globally 25-50% of time
- Out of hours work as required (global calls, travel)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Considering applications from Confidential, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide or Canberra with limited travel and ultra-flexible work arrangements - up to 24 hours weekly At Cortexia we do thing [...]
Note: This position is open to candidates looking to relocate to Western Australia. Our Client is a Western Australian company uniquely situated to support the Pilbara region of Western Australia. [...]
IntelliSense.io has a rare opportunity for a talented Marketing Manager to take full ownership of Marketing activities in Australia. Your focus will be to implement the overall regional Marketing plan [...]
Dingo is a rapidly growing international technology company looking for a top Business Development Manager who will accelerate our growth by expanding with new mining customers. As a key member of th [...]