Mining Plus is currently seeking an experienced Open Pit Mining Engineer to join our Perth CBD office. The Mining Engineer will be a member of the Surface Division, responsible for providing premium consulting services to our clients. They will be required to apply their expert Mining Engineering experience to provide recommendations to MP clients and projects across a variety of metal commodities.
It is essential that the applicant has operational mining experience in surface metalliferous mines, along with exposure to the consulting environment.
The role is full-time, based out of our Perth office. Occasional domestic and international travel is a requirement of this role.
- Work as part of the global team on consulting projects.
- Ensure client requirements are adequately defined and recorded.
- Verify the scope of work and deliver outcomes on time and within budget.
- With supervision, carry out the following:
- Mining method selection.
- Cut off calculations.
- Run Pit Optimisations and using systems to validate parameters used.
- Produce practical detailed open pit mine designs.
- Open pit mine scheduling
- First principle mining cost modelling.
- Haulage simulation.
- Equipment selection.
- Delivering auditable economic modelling
- Technical report writing for various studies.
You will have:
- A Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering.
- Extensive periods at multiple surface mine sites, in both technical and production roles.
- Previous experience in the planning and operation of mining engineering functions on-site.
- Demonstrable proficiency with main stream mine planning and design software, such as Whittle, Surpac, Vulcan, Datamine, Deswik and MS Office.
- Experience contributing to a broad range of project documentation i.e. reports, feasibility studies, etc.
- The ability to communicate complex solutions to a variety of customer stakeholders, from technical to non-technical.
- A strong command of the English language in both verbal and written form.
- Legal entitlement to live and work in Australia.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 492436 Work type: Full Time - NOVA Location: All Categories: Administration, Mining Operations OUR PEOPLE At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless a [...]
Have you recently finished your studies and now looking for full-time or on-going casual work? We are recruiting hospitality staff to work with us. You will earn good $$, travel to different locatio [...]
How does Splend work? We give you a new-model car that’s approved for Uber, Amazon Flex, and other on-demand apps, as well as dedicated support so you can focus on what you do best: drive. Our f [...]
Perth Airport is Australia’s Western Hub connecting the people, businesses and communities of Western Australia with the rest of Australia and the world. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week [...]