Superintendent Mine Operations
- Supportive team culture with a focus on inclusion, safety and work life balance
- Great role to consolidate your experience and develop towards management
- Attractive roster lifestyle – FIFO 9 days on, 5 days off (fly out ex Perth and various Regional airports)
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are seeking a motivated and engaging individual to join our Brockman 2 Mine Operations team in the role of Superintendent Mine Operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the largest iron ore operation for Rio Tinto when combined with Nammuldi and Silvergrass.
You will be working with industry leading technologies such as Autonomous Haul System, Driver Safety System and Autonomous Drill System.
You will be an inspiring role model and coach for positive behaviours, practices and processes, whilst providing leadership, development and support to the mine production department with the aim of driving consistent performance and innovation in relation to safety, cost and production.
Reporting to the Manager Mining and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Mine Operations Brockman 2/Nammuldi department, you will be:
- Developing a strong safety culture which ensures adherence to procedures for operational activities, site standards and legislation
- Leading, organising, developing and motivating the mine operations team to exceed plan
- Developing and implementing key productivity improvements to drive operational efficiency
- Working collaboratively and fostering relationships with key partners to achieve wider business objectives
- Measuring, recording, analysing and reporting on safety, people and productivity activities to consistently exceed plan and improve performance
What you’ll bring
- Proactive approach with a strong commitment in driving a safe working culture
- Experience working in operational leadership roles and be confident in effectively leading, mentoring and coaching team members as well as interfacing with senior leaders
- A desire to build and lead engaged teams
- Understanding of the mining industry from both an operational and technical perspective
- Mining operational optimisation knowledge and/or experience
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve safety and operational outcomes and delivery of targets
- Desirable to have an Unrestricted Quarry Manager certificate
- A current valid driver's license
Where you will be working
Located 60km north-west of Tom Price, Brockman 2 is an open pit operation, offering a fly in fly out roster. Operational since 1992, it forms part of the Nammuldi below-water-table mine.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Ready to experience something unique? Come work with us.
Applications close on 29th January 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description Job Highlights - 2&1 Roster, Day/Night Shift - FIFO options from Perth or Geraldton - Opportunities for fulltime employment in the future About our Client Rio Tinto operate [...]
Job description Job Highlights 8&6 Roster FIFO options from Perth, Geraldton, Broome, Albany or Busselton Fulltime opportunities are on offer About our Client Rio Tinto operates the world [...]
Job description About the Company WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud t [...]
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you. The Iron Ore Health and Safety Team is looking to appoint multiple Health & Safety Advisors across our integrated portfolio of iro [...]