Royal Women's Hospital
Location: Melbourne | Northern Metropolitan
Job type: Not provided
Organisation: Royal Women's Hospital
Salary: Salary not specified
Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager - Women's Emergency Care
Full Time – 38 Hours per week
The Royal Women’s Hospital is Australia’s first and largest specialist hospital dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of newborns and women of all ages. To join the Women’s is to be instrumental in forging progress towards health equity for women from ground-breaking research through to the bedside delivery of multi-disciplinary clinical care.
Creating exceptional experiences is at the heart of everything we do for our patients, their families, and our people across our specialised services within maternity, neonatal and women’s health.
The Women’s Emergency Care (WEC) department manages over 28,000 presentations annually, provides a wide range of emergency assessment, direct primary clinical care and management of acute presentations to the Women’s. Our focus is on the specialist health needs of women including acute obstetrics, gynaecology, women’s cancer care and the assessment of neonates. The multidisciplinary team of clinicians strive to provide the highest level of evidence based care and best possible outcomes.
The Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager (NMUM) will manage, maintain and promote the professional standards of Nursing and Midwifery Practice within the Unit. The NMUM will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the Unit achieves its Access targets and other hospital and key Unit performance indicators. The NMUM will manage the operational resources of the Unit having regard to the organisational objectives, policies and procedures.
As the Nurse/Midwife Unit Manager of WEC you will:
- Work in collaboration with the Directors of Women's Health and the Director of WEC (Medical), to provide strategic and clinical leadership for the Women’s Emergency Care Unit
- Provide leadership for direct reports, appraise performance of staff and ensure that staff receives appropriate performance management, professional training and development opportunities
- Manage staff and lead the recruitment of staff within the Women’s Emergency Care and Admissions
- Assist and support organisational change
- Be accountable for ensuring that adequate staffing with appropriately qualified and credentialed staff is achieved in accordance with legislative and industrial requirements
- Ensure that all staff are supported to work professionally, safely and effectively, in accordance with RWH evidence-based guidelines, and relevant professional standards
To be successful within this role you will need to have:
- Recent and relevant experience in a managerial/leadership position
- Degree in Nursing and/or Midwifery which meets AHPRA registration requirements
- High level clinical nursing/midwifery experience with a thorough understanding and knowledge of emergency care
- Proven ability to directly influence, communicate with and encourage a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in conflict management and negotiation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, incl. effective communication with staff, patients, other departments and community agencies
When you join the Women’s you unite with talented people who share your purpose and unwavering determination to advance health outcomes for all women. You will find a workplace that is collaborative, progressive and passionate about learning and working together in multi-disciplinary teams to ensure you find the exceptional in your everyday.
Our staff benefits program includes salary packaging, on-site car parking and childcare (subject to availability), alongside a range of discounted financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits provided by our staff benefit partners. To learn more, please visit: www.thewomens.org.au/careers/why-work-at-the-womens/staff-benefits/
We are proudly Breastfeeding Association accredited. The Women’s is committed to gender equity principles and our people have an awareness of and sensitive approach to violence against women/family violence matters.
The Women’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, people with lived experience of disability and people who identify as LGBTI.
It is a policy of the Women's to provide reasonable adjustments for persons with a disability. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application or interview process, please contact the hiring manager listed under 'Contact Person'
Ready to make the move?
For more information about the position, please see the Position Description attached and apply online by selecting “apply now” below.
All appointments to the Women’s are subject to a satisfactory clearance of Working with Children Check and Police Check.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Holmesglen Private Hospital Billings Officer/Administration Officer An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual who has a commitment to a high standard of customer focused car [...]
- Beautiful regional location with free car parking - Great work environment and team based culture - Promotional opportunities and support for professional development Who are we? Albury Wodonga [...]
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive c [...]
- Beautiful regional location with free car parking - Great work environment and team based culture - Be part of the emerging new Public Health Unit - Promotional opportunities and support for prof [...]