Department of Customer Service
System Administrator - Cyber Security Team
Ongoing full time position - Clerk Grade 7/8
Sydney - CBD
About the Role
As part of Cyber Security NSW, the Capability and Development team work closely with internal and external stakeholders to produce solutions across a broad range of cyber security-based objectives. Projects include the development of software related to incident management, data/information management, data processing/analysis, automation, and other areas of relevance within the government environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Capability and Development, the primary purpose of the role will be focused on monitoring, creating processes, maintaining,
actioning requests and reporting on the produced solutions by the project team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide system administration, technical support services and maintenance for a range of applications/web-based applications and solutions built on technologies such as Apache and PostgreSQL (in-house developed software and COTS solutions)
- Developing standard operating procedures and processes to onboard applications and solutions handed over from project teams to meet business objectives and support optimal service delivery
- Create and perform regular reporting on managed solutions and highlighting any improvement initiatives that are encountered
- Create and maintain detailed system documentation detailing baseline configuration and business-as-usual processes
- Maintaining the cloud-based platform which the solution may reside on such as AWS/GPC/Azure etc
- Carrying out task automation using modern scripting practices and languages to automate process, gather information and resolve common issues
- Administers the application of tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to the managed solution to ensure accuracy and consistency (CMDB, change management, etc)
- Identifying any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess/monitor security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
- Support other team members with projects and escalated issues where needed
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- 5+ years’ experience working in complex IT environments maintaining IT infrastructure/IT platforms as part of BAU (Mixture of cloud and locally support infrastructure and internal/external service providers)
- Extensive experience in establishing new processes and frameworks for applications and solutions from the ground up
- Cloud based service experience (AWS/GPC/Azure etc)
- Australian citizenship with (or willing and able to get and maintain) baseline clearance or higher
- Strong IT Cloud, infrastructure, networking and operations knowledge with a sound understanding of these components in the delivery of end to end Business services (Tertiary/Industry certifications highly desirable).
- Knowledge of ITIL (desirable)
- Ability to interpret code such as Python/Django in a security focused environment (desirable)
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, train and work with non-technical users.Attention to detail, takes initiatives, able to manage themself and a can-do approach are essential.
Key Application Responses
Applicants must submit:
A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above responsibilities and includes a response to the following question.
- Describe a situation where you had to solve a challenging problem as a system administrator. What did you do to prevent the issue from reoccurring? It is preferred that your response be related to a security issue; however, if you do not have any examples that meet this criteria, you may use any significant problem you have overcome as a System Administrator.
A resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role
About Cyber Security NSW
Cyber Security NSW is a whole-of-government function located within Digital.NSW in the Department of Customer Service. We are responsible for ensuring a cyber safe NSW. The protection of our systems and digital information is important because of the many essential services NSW Government provides including health, emergency services, and transport. Furthermore, the exciting digital transformation being undertaken across NSW Government requires similarly enhanced cyber capabilities.
At the centre of this exciting and growing cyber capability, Cyber Security NSW is working across NSW Government to:
- Create a whole-of-government integrated approach to managing cyber risk and responding to cyber security threats
- Increase cyber skills and awareness
- Understand the risks from cyber threats to our digital information and systems
- Set cyber security standards
- Ensure we know how to respond if a damaging cyber incident occurs
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Salary Grade 7/8, with the base salary for this role starting at $97,443 base plus superannuation
For enquires relating to recruitment please contact Claudia Aubert via [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday 15th February 2021 at 9:59am
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Process-driven role with exposure to work on Safety, Quality and Environmental - Broaden your experience within the construction industry - Access to flexible working arrangements SHAPE Austra [...]
(Until Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (Until 07/11/2021) Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 6 Remuneration: $1,357.78 - $1,391.40 per week Hours Per Week: 38 Requisiti [...]
Our business is diverse. And so are our people. And that’s what makes us great! At Compass we strive to build an environment of inclusion that allows a diverse group of employees to contribute, par [...]
Company description My client is a small/ medium trade business providing plumbing and building trade maintenance services in the Sydney metro area. They support a number of major commercial clients [...]