Help launch a new product designed to make breast pumping more comfortable for new mums.
Who we are
Milkdrop is an Australian startup working on redesigning the breast pump. Our goal is to free mums from unnecessary frustration and pain that often comes from using breast pumps to express milk. www.milkdroppumps.com
Our first product is a soft silicone cushion that fits most pumps. It’s designed to protect the nipple and mimic the motion of a baby suckling, helping mums relax and collect more milk.
We’re a founding team of four with expertise in design, engineering, manufacturing and health. We’re passionate about improving the experience for new mums by creating beautiful, ethical products.
For the last 18 months, we’ve been in research and development, and we’re now delighted to be piloting with mums with launch in April. We need your help to get this cushion in the hands of Australian mums.
Who you are
You’ll be our marketing lead, looking after all aspects of the planning, delivery and reporting of our pre-sales and launch campaign. This could include fleshing out our marketing strategy across each channel to planning and producing content for our social media platforms - but, being the expert, you’ll define what this roadmap really looks like. Once you settle in, we’ll work together to define a role for a more junior team member to support you.
This will be a contract role for the pilot and launch period: February – April 2021. Post-launch, we’ll build out permanent roles in customer experience and growth, which you’ll help to define and lead.
We are looking for someone who brings:
- At least five years’ experience in marketing.
- A creative, evidence-led, adaptable mindset, with attention to detail when it matters.
- Ability and willingness to get your hands dirty to deliver all elements required for pre-sales and launch from strategic planning through to responding and engaging with customers, through to reviewing and improving the website and ordering experience.
- Ability to quickly and accurately gather and weigh-up evidence, make decisions, implement and adapt accordingly, especially when there’s a lot of uncertainty.
- Ability and willingness to work in a ‘T’ shaped role: contributing your expertise in marketing, but also working collaboratively with our team on product development, supply chain, logistics and much more. At this early stage, everything is closely connected, and it’s much more fun working and learning together than apart.
- Ability and willingness to grow and lead small teams.
- Discipline in planning and managing projects and budgets.
- Passion for improving the experience of motherhood for new mums
We would particularly like to hear from people with:
- Experience in launching products
- Experience working in a startup or product development environment, where there is a lot of fast-paced testing and iterating on design, messaging, channels and more
- Copywriting and/or design backgrounds
You’ll join our small team, working closely with us on launch planning and execution. This will involve things like:
- Speaking with potential customers, clinicians and advocates after sifting through our pre-existing customer and user research to understand the product-market fit, and what a high-quality customer experience might feel like.
- Reviewing and building on our current approach, including branding, messaging, content, systems and plans.
- Detailed planning of the 60-days before launch including defining the systematic, data-led experiments to develop our messaging, design, segments, pricing and customer experience for pilot, launch and afterward.
- Setting up the infrastructure and systems we’ll need for launch, including automations, response templates, customer journey analysis, SEO, analytics, digital content templates
- Building out digital content based on the content plan, including managing a contract and budget for content development if necessary (e.g. copy, filming).
This is our wish list. If you meet most, but not all of the items, please do apply. We’re building a team and can find new team members who will complement your skillset and interests.
This is a part-time (3 days/week, 4 months) contract role based in Australia. We are flexible on working arrangements and hours, as long as there is some overlap in hours with the team. The salary range equivalent for one year at full time is $100,000 - $130,000, depending on experience.
Please provide your CV, cover letter and short response to the following three questions, addressed to Alex Sinickas at [email protected]
1. What do you think are the biggest hurdles for launching a new product like this, and how would you navigate them? (<150 words)
2. What is most interesting to you about this role? What do you expect to learn from it? (<150 words)
3. What is your approach to collaboration, especially with people outside your discipline? Which parts of your skillset do you think will be invaluable? (<150 words)
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Lack of Color, we’re a bit obsessed the with amazing people we get to work with each and every day. Not only are they focused, determined and passionate individuals – they’re driven by creati [...]
This is an opportunity to drive real-world results at every stage of the marketing funnel at a unique, successful lead generation company at the cutting edge of the lead gen industry in Australia. Cob [...]
- Full time, ongoing - High performing team - Kew East Location (workplace flexibility supported) About us Greencap, (part of the Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety Division), makes the world saf [...]
We have a key opportunity for a customer focused Head of Sales to support our business goals and growth within the seniors living sector. About the role: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, [...]