The role as the Customer Service Officer is highly regarded within the YMCA. You're the face of the centre, you will be full of knowledge and be able to assist with our members and guests. You will engage with members, build relationships and ensure a high level of customer service.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service to our members and guests, both in person and over the telephone
- Maintain and promote the centre's programs and services to our members and guests
- Undertake administration tasks as required
- Cash handling
- Point of sale
- Program bookings
- Telephone operation
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of memberships and Learn to Swim enquiries
You will join a team that is supportive and committed to your personal development. A positive attitude towards a collaborative approach will help you succeed in this role.
If you feel you meet what we are looking for in terms of:
- Demonstrating a high level of communication skills
- Flexible availability to work, including nights and weekends
- The ability to deal with patrons of all ages, cultures and abilities
- Following up on all enquiries as quickly as possible
- Being friendly, approachable and helpful, and recognising the vital role that the Customer Service staff hold in the effective operation of the facility
- Being able to work in a fast paced environment
- Confidently accepting customer bookings and enrolments for our programs and services at the centre
- Providing customers enquiring about memberships with appropriate facility tours and all the relevant information
- Having the knowledge to administrate memberships when a person joins or rejoins; then we would love to hear from you.
- Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old) and to be renewed every 3 years.
- Current Level 2 First Aid (minimum HLTAID003)
- Current CPR (HLTAID001)
Please refer to the position description for a detailed list of responsibilities (copy link into your browser):
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check;
An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/equivalent in accordance with state/territory laws;
- Three reference checks;
- Checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and well-being of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
If you would like to seek further information please contact .au or call 03 9401 2222.
Applications close: 21/02/2021
TO APPLY: Either select "apply now" on this job site if applicable or visit our YMCA careers page to apply directly with your resume and cover letter and to complete an application form (copy link into your browser): https://whittlesea.ymca.org.au/about/careers/find-a-job/
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Manager Maintenance and Operations - Senior Officer Role - Full-time Permanent Position - South Melbourne and St Kilda working locations. About the Organisation The City of Port Phillip is an [...]
- Permanent Full time Position - Friendly and supportive environment An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual who has a commitment to a high standard of customer focused car [...]
Job Description: Position dimensions: Skills & experience selection criteria: Core Skills: - A high level of communication and interpersonal skills - Customer Service Orientation - Ability [...]
Position: Medical Billing Clerk/Customer Service Officer Position type: Full time Location: Collingwood Closing Date: Friday 26 March 2021 Melbourne Pathology is an established medical practice [...]