Law Institute of Victoria
- Key position in the Public Affairs team
- CBD location (currently remote working)
- 12-month maternity leave cover – full time
The Law Institute of Victoria is the peak professional body for solicitors and is recognised by business, government and the general public as the leader of the legal profession in Victoria. Representing approximately 18,600 members, our core purpose is to foster the rule of law and to promote improvements and developments in the law as it affects the public of Victoria.
We represent a potent force of opinion and expertise, while our members offer their commitment,
diversity and expertise to help shape the nature and reputation of the legal profession and influence reforms to the justice system so it better serves the needs of the Victorian community.
The Media and Communications Officer will produce our daily LawNews publication for dissemination to all LIV members, respond to media enquiries, brief executives on legal issues for the media and draft regular e newsletters.
- Compile and disseminate daily LawNews brief with relevant legal articles from all newspapers & other online resources
- Manage media inbox and respond to all media inquiries
- Creating content & building e-newsletters bi-monthly for Large Law Firms Newsletter, Suburban and Regional Law Association Bulletins
- Draft and proof-read speeches for LIV president and CEO as required & upload all media documents to LIV website CMS
- Draft media releases, media notifications and record/track all LIV media mentions
- Maintain all media records and report on daily LawNews click through rates (CTR)
- Manage daily media monitoring and compile reports
- Draft bi-monthly Council reporting for CEO and quarterly report for VLSB+C
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
- Excellent time management, writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take complex submissions and legal information and communicate it clearly for a non legal audience
- Ability to understand and gather relevant information quickly
- Motivation to generate story and column ideas
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to juggle competing demands
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage work load
- Technical ability to work across social media and other platforms
- Some experience using HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop as well as CMS for uploading web content is necessary.
- Proven track record in delivering successful media, marketing or commercial content for use in print and digital contexts.
- Experience in creating electronic direct mail (EDMS) via various platforms and work closely across social media channels.
- Ability to work "on brand" with the right tone of voice.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver highly technical messages succinctly and interestingly.
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of what's happening in the wider legal profession to help guide copy.
communication and/or legal qualification required.
A background in legal reporting is an advantage, but not a prerequisite for this role. Experience, commitment and results as a journalist are highly regarded.
If you are interested in joining a highly respected membership organisation that values respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability, curiosity and a focus on service excellence, please contact us.
The LIV encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander origin, people with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with a disability.
Closing date for applications: 12 February 2021
Job originally posted on GrabJobs. If you need to report this job please contact GrabJobs
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Operating Theatre Technician Casual Beleura Private Hospital is seeking experienced Theatre Technicians to join our team. About the Role In this role you will work as a member of the perioperativ [...]
Job Description Location: Melbourne | Eastern Metropolitan Job type: Not provided Organisation: Monash Health Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Administration/Secretarial Reference: 45308 [...]
Instrument Technicians Multiple casual and part time roles available – 22.5-30 hours per fortnight We are looking for experienced Instrument Technicians to join our Sterilisation team at Peninsula [...]
Category: Project Management City: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, New South Wales, Australia Position ID: J0221-1332 Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: CGI is [...]