BDO in Australia
BDO’s global network extends to over 167 countries and territories, with over 90,054 people working out of 1,809 offices. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
At BDO, Data Analytics forms an integral part of our broader Consulting team which focuses on a range of services including Strategy and Transformation; Technology,
Digital and Data; and People Advisory.
As a Data Analyst, you will be working with your Consulting team members to deliver analytical work which underpins strategic and operational decision making for a range of clients across the public and private sectors.
You will be dealing with clients at technical, operational and management levels. You must project confidence in your abilities, be able to develop good working relationships and earn the trust of the data system owners and administrators at client sites.
From time to time, you will also be doing analytics work for engagements with BDO’s other service lines such as Audit, Tax, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance.
Some Of Your Key Responsibilities Include
- Designing and developing data driven solutions to real world problems in imperfect situations, accounting for people, process and technology limitations
- Data sourcing, extraction, transformation and analysis for different client projects
- Mapping out and documenting system and/or project requirements
- Liaising with client data and business specialists
- Documenting data extraction and transformation processes
- Devising and performing unit tests for data analytics processes
- Testing of data analytics outcomes for consistency and accuracy
- Assisting with the administration of our data analytics as a service offering. Includes cloud servers, database and analytics package administration
- Assisting in continual improvement of our data methods, tools, quality, project assurance and client offerings
- Anonymising of completed projects for marketing.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate is someone who stands out from their peers, has a passion for data analytics work, and is driven by the pursuit of excellence. We are seeking people who are comfortable in working both with others and by themselves. Candidates with upstanding values, ethics and principles will be highly regarded for this role.
We pride our self on our culture. We provide a working environment that offers you a diverse range of projects, flexibility to be innovative, talented colleagues, and the guidance and support to ensure that you always have everything that you need to succeed. This culminates to a significant opportunity for the development of your career in Data Analytics.
Ideally You Will Have
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in data analytics
- High level SQL Ability: Proven experience in complex queries, query optimisation, complex data transformation
- Database and data warehouse design experience
- In depth knowledge of at least one data analytics package (e.g. Tibco Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, SAS)
- Experience in cleansing, joining and analysing different data sets and using novel methods to extract value out of data sets
- Commitment to data accuracy, traceability and repeatability, by adhering to company data work standards and methodology. Be able to assist in enhancing these standards and methodologies
- Be able to provide quality assurance via review and testing the work your peers and provide constructive feedback and solutions. In turn, be able to assist others with quality assistance of your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Highly Desirable Criteria
- Experience with data preparation tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power Query, Power Pivot, Excel)
- Experience with issue tracking software (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla)
- Experience with version control software (e.g. git, SVN, CVS, TFS, Mercurial)
- Strong non-SQL programming experience (e.g. Python, R, C-family)
- Be able to identify external data sources, proxy data and indicators where direct data is not available
- Ability to think strategically about all parts of an organisation, and matching data to organisational strategy. We service a wide variety of organisations and data types.
- Data science experience in statistics, machine learning, big data, and predictive analytics
- MSSQL administrative skills
- Accessing data from external systems via REST, SOAP etc.
- Bachelors of Information Technology or other relevant tertiary qualification (analytics, engineering, mathematics, science, statistics, economics, commerce etc.)
- Suitable alternative certifications (e.g. relevant Microsoft, Coursera or Lynda qualifications)
- Suitable work experience in lieu of qualifications
What We Will Offer You
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health, wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to an inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description About the role Having seen a significant period of growth and stability in 2020, this globally recognised organisation with operations across Australia is looking for an experi [...]
Technical Business Analyst Flight Centre Travel Group is looking for a Technical Business Analyst. In this role you will be part of the core team involved in a wide variety of software engineering t [...]
Talent International are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst for one of our Brisbane based banking clients. This is a contract role for approx. 6-9months, with the opportunity to wor [...]
Talent International are currently seeking an Business Analyst to join a commercial organisation on a Business Intelligence implementation project based in Fortitude Valley. Ideally you will be a B [...]