Herbert Smith Freehills
We currently have a unique opportunity for a Corporate Responsibility Project Manager to join our impact driven Citizenship team based in Sydney, on a part-time (0.6FTE) basis.
Reporting to the Global Head of Citizenship based in London, you will be responsible for the project management of all APAC Citizenship activities, in addition to leading on some global Citizenship activities. This role is also responsible for supervising the Citizenship Advisor,
based in Sydney.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead delivery of our Médecins Sans Frontières partnership across the APAC, including finance, program planning and impact reporting.
- Work across APAC to increase awareness of and engagement with citizenship programme activities, promoting opportunities as part of a wider programme of works.
- Implement programme management tools to support the firms Community Strategy in collaboration with global Citizenship colleagues.
- Lead on Reconciliation focussed activity within Australia. Including the delivery of the current RAP and external audit process.
- Develop general awareness across the global network of our HSF's Reconciliation initiatives.
- Support the Global Head of Citizenship and Citizenship Manager based in London to develop programme tools and capture benefit realisation against delivery of the firm's Net-Zero climate change strategy, in conjunction with local APAC champions.
- Develop governance and reporting structures for delivery of the climate change agenda with members of the APAC Sustainability Action Group, reporting into the group.
Reporting & Communications
- Delivering on Citizenship APAC communications both internal and external in partnership with the communications and marketing teams.
- Lead on the annual UN Global Compact Responsible Business Report, preparing consultant brief and managing the delivery of the product to tight timescales.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of creating client pitch materials and responding to ad hoc queries, creating a database of useful information.
- Support the development of the annual Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking Statement and programme of works.
- Responsible for the various external reporting requirements (e.g. Reconciliation Australia)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience managing projects within a professional services firm.
- An awareness and understanding of the external and internal Citizenship landscape (reconciliation, modern slavery, climate action, UN sustainable development goals).
- Experience commissioning and working with external consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders (internal and external).
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication written and verbal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A flexible approach; willing to work outside of the core working hours when necessary.
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE 2, APMP, MSP) are desired, but not essential.
Citizenship at Herbert Smith Freehills includes a range of responsible business pillars including Social Impact, Sustainability and Human Rights. We are uniquely placed to respond to a range of needs that exist in the communities and regions in which we do business. We are rising to the challenges and opportunities of an interconnected world and we are committed to the process of creating a truly sustainable professional services business.
We have market leading programmes including our 'Elevate' Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), our ambition to be a Net-Zero firm by 2030and our approach to Social Mobility. We are recognised globally through a variety of awards and benchmarks for our substantive impact. You would be joining a small team based in London and Sydney with a global network of champions and committees.
For more information please refer to our website pages here.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Axiom At Axiom Workplaces we live and breathe workspace transformations. With more than 25 years’ experience in workplace design and implementation, transforming commercial offices across Au [...]
Microsoft provides opportunities to empower you to create things that help others and change the world. Come as you are, do what you love. Microsoft Aspire Experience is an onboarding experience, d [...]
- SPECIALTY IN CORPORATE & INDUSTRIAL ENERGY COST SUBSIDIES - RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - TAKING OVER AN EXISTING CUSTOMER BASE - GENUINE PROMOTION CAREER PATH FOR YOU TO GROW WITHIN About the co [...]
Who we are Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 475 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re [...]