Canberra Health Services
Australian Capital Territory
Canberra Health Services
Customer Services Manager
Health Professional Level 4
Salary Range: $110,397 - $118,832 (PN: 21734, expected vacancy)
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people.
It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
ACT Pathology is a division of the Canberra Health Services with laboratories located at both the Canberra Hospital and Calvary Hospital operating 24 hours, seven days a week all year round. Pathology provides diagnostic and consultative services to medical specialists and general practitioners and their patients in hospital and in the community.
Customer Services, ACT Pathology is responsible for the collection of pathology samples from patients within Canberra Hospital, University of Canberra Hospital, National Capital Private Hospital and Calvary Public Hospital and within the community through the outpatient collection centres and home visit service. The Customer Services Manager is responsible for the ongoing operations of the department ensuring service needs are met, providing a liaison with specialist and general practitioners within the community, ensuring quality downloading of results and producing current client information, ensuring website is up to date.
Under broad direction, you will play a key role in providing leadership, support and advice in a management support role, based on prior pathology experience, knowledge and understanding, to the office of the Executive Director (ED) and Director of Operations, Pathology.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification, preferably in a science related field
- Experience managing a diverse team, preferably within a clinical pathology laboratory.
- Qualifications in Human Resource Management advantageous.
- Experience with databases relating to hospital and pathology operations for example Laboratory Information Systems (Kestral), Billing Systems (PBRC) and Hospital Patient Information Systems (ACTPAS), with reference to pathology enquiries.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Note: This is an expected vacancy due to impending retirement which is to lead to permanency in the position.
Contact Officer: Tracey Farrar (02 5124 2893 [email protected]
For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au (Ref 01U7J)
Applications Close: 18 February 2021
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Administrative Service Officer 2/3 - Emergency Department Administration (Job Number: 01SSE) Description Job Title: Emergency Department Administration Officer Classification: Administrative Servi [...]
Restaurant Associates has an enviable track record, working with some of the most prestigious venues and corporations in the world. From grand gala events to intimate gatherings, we provide bespoke fo [...]
Casual Receptionist - Belconnen - Make a difference to the community. - Based in Belconnen The Company Healius Medical Centres is one of Australia's leading healthcare providers. Our exte [...]
Description iland is looking for an experienced VMware Support Engineer to deliver support services to iland’s global customer base. This is a full-time position reporting to our Service Desk Man [...]