Star Drilling provides professional drilling services for a diverse range of drilling projects, from high profile infrastructure to environmental, water and geotechnical programs throughout Australasia.
Please note this role is based in Thomastown, Victoria and the successful candidate will be required to work across metropolitan Melbourne with some regional and interstate work form time to time.
As a result of business growth, we are currently looking for a number of Assistant Drillers to join our team. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting in the operation of drilling rigs and equipment;
- Ensuring drilling rigs and equipment is clean and properly maintained;
- Help to prioritise tasks to maximise efficiency and reduce downtime;
- Driving medium and heavy rigid trucks and trailers to and from site;
- Loading equipment on and off vehicles and trailers;
- Setting up and operating air compressors and small pumps; and
- Operation of a vacuum NDD unit.
Previous experience in a similar role in environmental or geotechnical drilling will be an advantage but not essential. The ability to safely and reliably operate heavy equipment will be important along with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with little supervision. An HR truck license and forklift drivers licence is also required. Good communication skills and the willingness to follow instructions will also be important for your success in this role.
This is a challenging yet rewarding role within an exciting and dynamic business. The role is based at our depot in Thomastown however there is a requirement to work in the field for periods of time which means regular travel away from home.
In return we offer an exceptional package based on skills and experience. There is also the opportunity to work regular overtime.
For a confidential conversation regarding this role, please contact Andrew on 0418 576 088.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the Business Highgate Group is an established supplier of food processing and packaging solutions, supplying a large range of consumables and equipment to food processors across Australia. Ab [...]
- Assist with ensuring that assigned business analysis activities are conducted within agreed cost parameters, the outputs and benefits are clear and that identified solutions provide efficiencies in [...]
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide an outstanding service to all internal and external customers, acting as the first point of contact for all customer queries. This role can be [...]
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when [...]