The Sustainability Officer is responsible for creating and implementing a Sustainability and Environmental Strategy and responsible for ensuring that it becomes engrained in the business, its culture and operational processes.
- Support the development, implementation and valuation of Sustainability and Environmental Initiatives across ANZ
- Working across all functions and in particular, operations and procurement, to ensure Sustainability and Environmental standards can and are being achieved, including the process, procedures and reporting to achieve this.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and influence new Sustainability and Environmental Initiatives that are commercially viable and return value to the business.
- Develop a wide range of strategies across core and non-core business operations
- Ensure a socially and environmentally responsible culture
- Continuous development and maintenance of "Giving back to the community" initiatives
- Educating stakeholders and employees regarding the importance of sustainable management practices
- Maintain and monitor the Sustainability KPI tracker and ensuring it's up-to-date
- Track and monitor supplier certifications related to sustainability
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, candidates should display the following:
- Graduate with degree in Environmental Engineering, Sustainable Resource Management or similar or
- Minimum 12 months of experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Planning and project management skills
- Persistence and the ability to facilitate change and influence others
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to clearly link sustainability initiatives to financial results
- Passionate about sustainability, environmental impact, and climate change
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About us At Transport for NSW (TfNSW), people are at the centre of everything we do and the driving force of our success. It’s a team that will affect the lives of millions of people every day, co [...]
Chief Executive Officer China Matters Head this high profile independent Australian policy institute - Pivotal leadership role in Australia/China policy discussions - Address the challenges & [...]
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites. Part of the world's largest construction materi [...]
About Us Delta Agribusiness is a leading force in independent rural services and the retail of agricultural inputs in Regional NSW, Southern QLD and Western Victoria. With a strategic footprint compr [...]