The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for organizing the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse goods. This includes effectively managing, streamlining and safeguarding all operations of the warehouse.
The successful candidate should be able to draw from their warehouse, inventory & distribution experience to ensure daily operations are executed to meet both customer and company service levels. With a focused and committed approach to ensuring our products get to the customer, you must be a “hands on” leader who is able to lead by example to instil high productivity across all levels within the warehouse whilst developing and coaching those around you.
This role will be a mix of supervisory responsibilities and hands-on responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities are …
- Assisting in overseeing the daily function of the warehouses.
- Assisting in managing the warehouse team.
- Pick and pack; this includes palletisation and pallet wrapping.
- Reliable and accurate order processing
- Assisting in developing, implementing and improving efficiencies and procedures in the warehouse.
- Ensuring the use of warehouse space is as efficient as possible.
- Controlling inventory including the planning and undertaking of stock-takes on a scheduled and as required basis
- Co – ordinate and organise all deliveries and associated logistics with multiple transport companies.
- Manages workplace safety, cleanliness and general housekeeping of the site.
- Regular unloading of containers
- Accepting a high degree of responsibility and accountability for others as well as yourself.
The successful applicant will have:
- Established warehouse supervisory experience
- Proven RF Scanning experience essential
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Be self motivated and display a strong work ethic
- Be physically fit as this is a hands on role
- Proven experience organising and co-ordinating a small friendly team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work towards and achieve set KPIs
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of inventory counts.
- Current Forklift and Drivers license essential
Want to Apply?
Please apply by submitting your CV and a Cover Letter which addresses our desired skills, experiences and attributes for the role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted regarding next steps.
If successful to interview, you may be asked
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse supervisor?
- Do you have a current forklift and driver’s license?
- Do you have experience operating a RF scanner?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Warehouse Supervisor Griffiths Bros. a Melbourne icon, we’ve been proudly roasting coffee since 1879, with a national presence in retail and food service markets. Celebrating 140 years crafting co [...]
Warehouse Assistant About the company Australasia's leading provider of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, automotive equipment and services employing over 4,500 team members in more than 9 [...]
Warehouse Assistant About the company Australasia's leading provider of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, automotive equipment and services employing over 4,500 team members in more tha [...]
The opportunity Howmet Fastening Systems prides itself on the quality of its products and the customer service experience that we deliver is no different. This is no ordinary customer service positi [...]