Duties and responsibilities
- Leadership and management of a team of Occupational Hygienists, Health Physicists and Dosimetry Technicians, including effective management of staff, budget and resources; and the development and implementation of strategies to improve work practices, systems and processes to ensure the delivery of high quality services and outcomes.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice to the Manager RPS, Manager WHS and GM High Reliability on the formulation of strategies and policies related to the section's technical responsibilities, and facilitate their implementation to support the achievement of international best practice.
implement and monitor the site wide exposure risk review and assessment program to ensure compliance with the WHS Act and Regulations.
- Foster an environment of staff development within the team. Identify learning and development needs and opportunities including training and mentoring of staff in occupational hygiene and radiation dosimetry theory and practical application.
- Management, operation and maintenance of plant and equipment and services associated with the Occupational Hygiene and Personal Dosimetry Services including; the in-vivo and in-vitro capabilities (Whole Body Monitor, Thyroid organ monitoring and Radiation Bioassay), passive external dosimetry, personal and area air sampling, occupational hygiene and health applications (Cority) and respiratory protection equipment (RPE).
- Management of exposure record keeping and reporting systems within the Occupational Hygiene and Personal Dosimetry Services and forwarding ionising radiation dose records to the Australian National Radiation Dose Register (ANRDR).
Skills and Experience
- Degree, or equivalent in Physics, Radiation Protection, Occupational Hygiene, WHS or other related discipline.
- Extensive demonstrated experience of human health monitoring methods, systems, practices and equipment including the ability to manage related projects from conception through to implementation.
- Extensive experience with the use and calibration of monitoring equipment (dusts, metals, ionising radiation, etc).
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of occupational hygiene, radiation detection, measurement and instrumentation, with highly developed analytical/problem solving skills.
- Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH) with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) or the ability to gain COH certification in a timely manner.
- Extensive current knowledge of national and international standards and best practice in occupational hygiene and personal radiation dosimetry.
“The successful candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of occupational hygiene and dosimetry principles with the ability to apply these across a range of hazards. They will have a demonstrated ability to; build a team, deliver on objectives, engage with stakeholders, develop and maintain a monitoring capability that meets the requirements of the business.”
Ralph Blake, Work Health & Safety Manager
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Gold Buyers Central is a 100%, Australian-owned business and we are proudly one of Australia's largest recyclers of precious metals. We are looking for the right people to join our Team of experience [...]
Trainee Position available Laugh and Learn ELC in Miranda is looking for an enthusiastic highly motivated applicant that wishes to peruse a career in Early childhood education and care. Wonderful op [...]
At Haigh's Chocolates, we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional customer experience. With 21 retail stores operating across 4 states (SA, VIC, ACT & NSW), Haigh's offers a wide variety of premi [...]
Duties and responsibilitiesDelivery of responsive experiential learning activities, such as design thinking.Contribute to and assist in the development of programs to meet startup/industry/organisatio [...]