At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of C ompassion, A ccountability, R espect and E xcellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare have 80 care communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. With 10 new care communities opening in the next two years, we are growing with multiple opportunities on the horizon.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day.
Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Based at Lakes Entrance - 76 bed Care Community
- This is a part time role which may include some weekends
- Contribute to the creation of the seasonal menu
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program
- Deliver food services in line with food safety program
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers
- Oversee the meal service and Mise en place
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Talented kitchen and service leadership
- Desire to grow and develop
- Cert. IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Current Food Handling Certificate or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- 5 years’ cooking experience in an appropriate and equivalent role
What Opal can offer you:
- Opportunity to work with a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for food and creating food experiences that delight
- Opportunity to grow as a chef
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
abicor is a small family business that supplies hospitality consumables to a wide range of customers. We are looking to expand our team and are seeking a highly motivated fit and reliable person to j [...]
Customer Service Officer Morwell, Sale, Moe and Bairnsdale - Permanent part time role – 22 hours per week - Excellent for a fast learner who has exceptional customer service skills and is abl [...]
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive c [...]
Join BRHS, East Gippsland’s largest healthcare provider and employer. Enjoy a rewarding work environment providing challenge, variety and a range of new opportunities. Ongoing Part Time role, 30.0 [...]