Superintendent – Mining
- Business critical leadership role
- Residential, family friendly location
- Culturally unique, coastal role – Gove
About The Role
We are looking for a Superintendent - Mining to support the Gove operations bauxite mine in this business critical role that leads a team close to 100 people.
This role is a great opportunity for a driven leader who is experienced in successfully leading large mining teams with a focus on safety and output. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be
- Planning, organising and managing the work performed.
- Responsible for work unit training, safety compliance and departmental scheduling and productivity.
- Managing production operations to maximise productivity while minimising cost and environmental impact.
- Executing short and medium term plans and schedules to meet business strategy.
- Defining staffing needs, selection/assessment criteria and development needs.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for improvement and where to implement and support Rio Tinto best practices.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have
- Proven successful leadership of an open cut mine operation within a diverse environment.
- Large project experience with a cost or process improvement focus.
- Solid understanding of geological, recovery and resource and reserve modelling techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of rigorous problem solving, business improvement and project tools.
- Extensive knowledge of open cut mining techniques and MM&C; (Mine Management and Control) systems.
It will also be beneficial if you have
- A degree qualification in a mining related field.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
In the picturesque location on the edge of the Arafura Sea lies the unique mining town of Nhulunbuy. The operation is situated on extensive deposits of high grade bauxite; a burnished red ore with high aluminium oxide content. The town caters for comfortable living with many established amenities available including schools, a hospital, local pool and daily flights from Darwin and Cairns. The surrounding area contains outstanding fishing and camping opportunities as well as the town itself containing excellent sporting facilities and an engaged and diverse community. Considered by many to be the best remote mining town, there is something for everyone.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job description Agency Department of Industry, Tourism and Work unit Territory Engagement and Delivery Trade Job title Workforce Training Coordinator Designation Administrative Officer 6 [...]
Specialist Management Accountant - Collaborate with the site’s stakeholders to produce outstanding results - Use your initiative to support with business improvements - Residential role located in [...]
The Opportunity We are looking for a Specialist Management Accountant to act as a business advisor, to influence and provide meaningful analysis in the decision making process. Rio Tinto is a global l [...]
The National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) works directly to, and supports the Minister for Indigenous Australians, to implement whole-of-government policies and programs to improve the lives o [...]