At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About The Role
We are seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Coordinator Infrastructure Services. Reporting directly to the Superintendent – Infrastructure & Services, you will work as part of the Infrastructure Services team,
contributing to the achievement of department targets in a safe and efficient manner and providing a key link between Infrastructure Services, Services department and all stakeholders to ensure that optimal results are achieved.
Your Duties Will Include
- Coordinate lifting activities across all site departments.
- Coordinate the maintenance plan of the Lifting Services teams to ensure all activities are carried out
- Play an active part in completing action items from all Departmental inspections
- Cultivate positive relationships with site, offsite and external parties through effective communication and consultation that will streamline weekly and shutdown execution activities.
- Take a proactive role in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour.
- Provide constructive feedback to peers on a regular basis.
- Assist the Superintendent Infrastructure & Services in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute value to the business, ensuring compliance to the Management of Change procedure.
- Ensure all incidents, near misses or hazards are reported and investigated to ensure compliance with the Western Australian Iron Ore incident reporting guidelines.
- Recognise and control at risk behaviours and situations.
- Understand the significant risks for which you have principal responsibility and ensure controls are implemented.
- A proven track record of safety management
- Strong Understanding of 1SAP preferred.
- Secondary Level Education is a minimum requirement.
- A Cert IV in Frontline Management is highly desirable, further education or qualifications are also desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Practical experience in maintenance and/or operations planning.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Operating Excellence principals.
- Strong problem solving skills.
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5:2 4:3 roster from Perth. Flexible work arrangements that align to site approved rosters will be considered. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Reference Number – 30699
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Customer Service Officer - Brisbane Curtain Wonderland as an employer is a leading manufacturer and retailer of window furnishings in Australia. Our focus is on delivering commercially focused, pra [...]
job description We are seeking Diploma qualified Early Childhood Educators across the south east QLD Randstad Education is currently recruiting Certificate III and Diploma qualified Early Childcare [...]
Employment Type: Temporary Part TimeContract Until October 2021 Position Classification: Clinical Psychologist Remuneration: $97,251 - $119,265 per annum pro rata Hours Per Week: 32 Requisitio [...]
Join the agribusiness of the future Great career opportunity with a focus credit analysis for commercial credit Eight Mile Plains location For over 150 years, our business has been an integral part of [...]