At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About The Role
Reporting to the Field Maintenance Superintendent, this role is responsible for coordinating maintenance activities to support the scheduling, setting up and delivery of unplanned and planned work.
Based at Area C on an 8:6 roster,
the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing capacities and taking into account training needs, skills and competencies. Providing feedback on gaps for supervisor to review.
- Initiating contractor labour request approval process, and raising purchase requisitions. This will involve liaising with contracting company to ensure all relevant inductions are completed prior to travel bookings.
- Coordinating and reviewing work orders planned for upcoming weeks and ensuring materials, supporting tools, equipment and resources are readily available
- Managing local asset registers. Liaising with supervisor, planning and reliability to upkeep asset registers.
- Processing work order reschedules in SAP. This includes details of reason for reschedules in notification and/or work order.
- Entering contractors time confirmations, notifications, & scanning completed inspections
To be suitable for this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of maintenance management in SAP
- Knowledge and experience in purchasing in SAP
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationship with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Well-developed understanding of maintaining mining equipment and materials handling
- Previous site experience, preferably in a similar type of role
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8:6 roster from Perth. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Reference Number – 31113
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Customer Service Officer - Brisbane Curtain Wonderland as an employer is a leading manufacturer and retailer of window furnishings in Australia. Our focus is on delivering commercially focused, pra [...]
job description We are seeking Diploma qualified Early Childhood Educators across the south east QLD Randstad Education is currently recruiting Certificate III and Diploma qualified Early Childcare [...]
Employment Type: Temporary Part TimeContract Until October 2021 Position Classification: Clinical Psychologist Remuneration: $97,251 - $119,265 per annum pro rata Hours Per Week: 32 Requisitio [...]
Join the agribusiness of the future Great career opportunity with a focus credit analysis for commercial credit Eight Mile Plains location For over 150 years, our business has been an integral part of [...]