Gibson Desert North
Reliability Engineer – Fixed Plant – Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) FIFO
- Opportunity to work at a new mine site with brand new Fixed plant and influence the whole of life of assets
- Exciting time to join a growing and passionate internal community of reliability experts focused on delivering excellence in reliability
- Use your analytical skills to successfully lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Be recognised for your talent as part of a dynamic and progressive team
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivatedReliability Engineers (2 vacancies) to join our Asset Management & Engineering Services (AMES) team at Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri).
Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) is a new mine,
shaping new ways of working. You will get the opportunity to work with new fixed plant assets embedded with the latest technology including multiple path breaking technologies.
The role will involve championing the defect elimination and reliability engineering processes in order to improve the Fixed Plant performance.
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management and Engineering Services, you will:
- Lead and support investigations into asset failures and performance, including root cause analysis (RCA)
- Analyse equipment performance data to identify high value defect elimination opportunities and implement improvements in reliability, productivity and cost
- Recommend and implement tactics designed to support high levels of asset safety, reliability and integrity
- Provide technical engineering support to the site maintenance execution teams
- Monitor and analyse the performance of our assets and analyse primary/secondary maintenance tasks to improve asset reliability and cost
- Actively contribute to asset strategy by developing asset lifecycle plans and zero based budgets for fixed plant equipment
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- The ability to work collaboratively across a diverse range of stakeholders and operational teams
- The desire to be working in a hands on, fast paced position
- Experience leading continuous improvement activities
- Practical experience and an understanding of reliability concepts – FMECA, RCM, etc.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline and previous maintenance or reliability experience – ideally within a mining environment
- Experience in SAP will be advantageous
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- A current and valid manual ‘C Class’ driver's license
Where you will be working
This position is based at our Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) operation on a FIFO 5/2; 4/3 roster from Perth.
Located 160km North-West of Newman, our Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) Operations will have a dedicated airport, state-of-the-art camp facilities and family friendly rosters making it an exciting and pleasant place to work at.
What’s on offer
- A supportive and inclusive community environment
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitteror join us on LinkedIn
Applications close on Sunday 6thDecember(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Premier Staffing is seeking expressions of interests for F-Endorsed Drivers who can also complete utility works, which can include cleaning, ground maintenance & general maintenance. - 2 & 1 Roste [...]
Are you from a machine operating background? An experienced Dirtboss? Interested in innovation? SX5JV is currently seeking a Earthworks / Mining Superintendent for a bulk earthworks/rehabilitation pr [...]
Experienced Dozer Operator required for 2/1 mining roster Must have a minimum 18mths recent experience on D10 $55/hr + $4/hr ns allowance + VOC & retention bonus Please send through an updated resu [...]
- Ongoing works - Great Rates - Tier 1 Contractor Connect Resources is currently seeking civil plant operators for upcoming works, FIFO. Based in the Pilbara these positions are working with a nat [...]