Fortescue is now consistently producing 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Title: Specialist Mining Engineer
Work location: Fortescue Centre, East Perth
Roster: Monday to Friday
Your role as a part of the Integrated Planning Team will be to:
- Support the Operations Planning and Integrated Planning teams to improve our planning processes through standardisation of processes and systems and through the coaching and mentoring of the technical teams across our operations.
- Identify and lead system,
process and operational improvement projects across FMG's operations.
- Continuous improvement through the collation and analysis of data, and through the identification and implementation of initiatives that deliver increased value for Fortescue.
- Optimise efficiencies between ore block definition, mining hygiene, processing, product quality and blending practices to achieve maximised margin.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication of complex issues to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Developing, maintaining and auditing relevant company guidelines and standards.
- Assisting in developing technical staff knowledge of relevant standards and processes.
- Analyse data metrics and statistics and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Continuous review and improvement of processes, standards & training as outlined above.
Desired Qualifications And Skills
- Tertiary degree in Mining Engineering or similar degree
- Extensive experience in mining operational roles
- Software skills: SQL and Alastri product suite
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people's differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 04 Dec 2020 W. Australia Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Counsellor About the Role - Seeking an experienced counsellor to join a leading Aboriginal Medical Service on a full time basis providing support services to Kalgoorlie and the broader Goldfields [...]
Social Worker About the Role - New opportunity for an experienced social worker to join a leading Aboriginal Medical Service on a full time basis servicing Kalgoorlie and the wider Goldfields regi [...]
Aboriginal Health Practitioner About the Role - New opportunity for Aboriginal Health Practicioners to join a leading Aboriginal Medical Service servicing Kalgoorlie and the broader Goldfields reg [...]
- Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator | Arcare Aged Care - Permanent Part-time Position: 40 hours p/f - Start Date: Early February 2021 Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator | Arcare Aged [...]