- Highly specialised role
- Permanent opportunity, primarily based in Mascot
At Qantas, we understand our priorities and what needs to be delivered, taking the initiative to keep things moving. Navigating through our complex work environment, we bring teams and individuals together to deliver on our customers’ expectations.
Taking ownership is critical. Whether we’re working individually or as a group, we challenge ourselves to make progress and deliver results.
Working as part of our Facilities team, in your role as Fire Systems Manager, you will be responsible for the management of all fire systems across the Qantas Group including all Aircraft Hangar Fire Foam systems.
This includes the technical and contractual management of the maintenance supplier, management of system enhancements and maintenance programs, resolving complex system failures and working with building certifiers ensuring regulatory certification requirements are achieved. Critical to this role is the requirement to ensure adherence to all maintenance standards across the relevant onshore and offshore facilities, ensuring they are maintained in line with the relevant legislation (AS 1851 and NFPA409) and managing the FM Fire System Assurance Program.
- Extensive experience in the fire protection industry
- Diploma or degree in Engineering Fire Systems
- Technical understanding of relevant codes and Australian Standards such as but not limited to: AS 1670; AS 1668; AS 1851; AS 2118; BCA; EPA Regulations; NFPA-409, 11 and 25 (National Fire Protection Association)
- CPEng/NER/RPEQ (preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of the design and functionality of foam fire systems and the various foam types
- Registered as a competent fire safety practitioner – or currently undertaking registration process
- Ability to work through complex technical fire system problems and resolve, taking into account the impact to airline operations, in particular hangar operations
- Contract management experience overseeing fire system maintenance providers
- Excellent report-writing, analytical, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Superior communication skills, strong listening and questioning skills
- Experience leading projects using own initiative and working as part of a team
- Ability to create and maintain accurate / accessible and organised documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate maintenance performance criteria and performance targets by producing all necessary reports in an effective, timely and tailored manner
- A continuous improvement mind-set always looking for system improvements and opportunities
- Ability to effectively manage customer & staff relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure commitments are delivered and manage expectations
- Ability to present maintenance performance results and strategy at senior management level, whilst considering the variety of knowledge levels within the audience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of software such as MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and standard business applications
- Experience, commitment and inclusiveness are valued in our people. Put together, these will help you earn opportunities to do more.
If you’re up for achieving the impossible, register your interest and we’ll be in touch.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success. ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. Where else can you walk into a supermarket wanting to buy bread and milk and wa [...]
Opportunity: A new position has become available in our Accounts team for an experienced Tech Government Account Manager to join the team and leverage off our extensive network in this area in the [...]
- Long term opportunity - Critical, high profile projects - Attractive rates - Work from home / CBD Office Location The Organisation: FinXL is seeking a Solution Designer for a leading Financia [...]
- Critical, high profile client and Program - Attractive rates/salary - Working from home, however client offices are in the Sydney CBD - Long term multi-year program The role: FinXL is seeking an [...]