Disability Services and Seniors
Disability Support Worker (Residential Care Officer) writeAgency('Communities, Disability Services and Seniors'); Communities, Disability Services and Seniors (Organisation site ( ))
Disability Accommodation Respite & Forensic Services.
The Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors is seeking casual Disability Support Workers (Residential Care Officers) in Nundah, Redcliff, Sunshine Coast, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Oxley, Loganlea, Gold Coast, Ipswich and Toowoomba.
Are you looking to work in the community sector and really make a difference in supporting others? A disability support worker focuses on people's strengths and abilities and assists people with disabilities to be actively involved in their home and community. If you can work flexible hours and are passionate about building a more inclusive and accessible life for people with disabilities, then this may be the role for you…
What would my day look like?
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) :
• Performing daily household tasks such as menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping, laundry, bed making and garden activities.
• Assisting clients to establish and maintain relationships with their family, friends and advocates.
• Helping clients develop and maintain independence and safety in personal and health care by providing support and assistance during mealtime, with personal hygiene, grooming, toileting, showering and safe mobility.
• Medication support ensuring correct dosages as prescribed, emergency medical first aid (including resuscitation), seizure response and invasive personal care and health needs.
What makes a great Residential Care Officer?
If you possess the following qualities, then we would love to receive your application!
• Passionate about supporting people with disabilities
• Positive attitude
• Good relationship builder
• Effective communicator
• Able to show initiative
• Well organised
• Team player
I can see myself in this role, how do I apply?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Transition Support Manager provides leadership in the delivery of essential transition support and best practice change management support to guide positive cultural and procedural cha [...]
- Salary + benefit + incentives - Brisbane, Queensland - Newly created role – permanent, full-time position Arrow Energy is an integrated coal seam gas (CSG) company that explores and develops [...]
A great opportunity has become available to join a successful and growing family business in Longreach. Our client is looking for an Administration Assistant to join their team. This is a full time ro [...]
About the company: As one of Australia's largest and leading human resource and consultancy agencies, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of Unleashing Potential in both people and companies. [...]