We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Risk Assurance to join IAG’s Risk & Assurance team in Sydney or Melbourne on a full-time basis. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of assurance reviews across at least one of IAG’s business units, including assurance coverage of Compliance Plans and Prudential Obligations. As you oversee the delivery of these reviews, with a focus on overall outcomes you will use your expert written and verbal communication experience to meet with, manage and communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure ongoing appropriateness of risk-based assurance activity.
To be successful you will showcase your expert interpersonal, leadership,
negotiation & influencing skills with SME’s, senior and technical stakeholders. You will have extensive experience and a deep understanding within financial services regulation, risk frameworks and practices. A key challenge will be your ability to use your proven track record of innovating and fostering constructive knowledge sharing in a dynamic and changing landscape.
- Responsible for direction and achievement of assurance objectives across one or more IAG Business Units, including assurance coverage of Compliance Plans and Prudential Obligations (allocated portfolio). This includes: development of proposed risk-based assurance activity and objectives in consultation with relevant stakeholders and with reference to appropriate frameworks, risk profiles, compliance obligations and risk management process effectiveness; execution of assurance plan through appropriate scheduling, resourcing and stakeholder engagement; and maintenance of a matrix view on risk assurance data points to inform the ongoing appropriateness of assurance activity.
- Lead and deliver outputs for the allocated portfolio by driving engagement with relevant stakeholders across risk and first line, managing the execution of assurance activity and providing commercial value in conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide specialist input and advice, based upon comprehensive industry and commercial experience.
- Present, report and monitor on progress and results of assurance activity across the allocated portfolio to Group Risk leadership teams, management and to relevant governance bodies.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that supports the ongoing refinement and improvements to a dynamic and industry leading assurance methodology across the Group for first and second line.
- People leading responsibilities.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and executive managers to deliver on reviews and to meet business objectives.
- Proven written and verbal communication at executive level.
- Minimum 7 years Financial services industry experience – preferably large multi-jurisdiction/international and cross regulated organisations.
- Minimum of 7 years Assurance background in industry and/or Big 4.
- Demonstrated understanding Australian Prudential Standards, Financial Services Legislation, Capital and Licensing.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, drive for results and keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach.
- Experience in managing multiple/concurrent assignments from beginning to end within a multi-disciplined corporate function.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing contemporary, evidence based and fit for purpose governance frameworks, systems and processes for key functions including enterprise risk management, compliance and assurance systems.
- Discipline/experience in assurance delivery: audit | large change programmes | financial services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead.
- Ability to build effective teams.
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’!
Applications close on 8 January 2021 at 23:59 AEST
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
icare is currently seeking an experienced Compliance Assurance Manager with a commercial mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare team - Join us on our journey in making a differen [...]
Finance Operational Risk Management Global Lead, 18-Month Maternity Le Sydney Finance Operational Risk Management Global Lead, 18-Month Maternity Leave Cover Contract This is an 18-month matern [...]
Project Manager Sydney Macquarie is currently designing and implementing a framework to strengthen the governance over its Enterprise Data Management EDM and is seeking a Project Manager who can s [...]
Do work that matters Reporting to the Senior Manager Fraud Risk & Advisory, you will work closely with business stakeholders providing specialist fraud risk advice on projects, conduct fraud risk re [...]