GeoGAS is currently seeking a flexible, enthusiastic and motivated person to join the team as a Laboratory Technician on a full-time basis.
As a Laboratory Technician within the Mackay laboratory, this role will be responsible for the preparation and testing of coal samples. The prime responsibility of this role is to perform and maintain the required quality standards during the daily operational activities of the testing laboratory using safe and productive work methods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Test coal samples and carry out testing procedures to GeoGAS standards.
- Dispatch and Receipt activities and may include organising equipment for client projects including. gas content testing; coal quality testing,
eg proximate analysis and relative density; data entry; laboratory maintenance & calibrations; and general housekeeping.
- Complete maintenance and calibrations procedures and schedules.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the laboratory.
- Organize and manage time effectively and prioritize sample testing.
- Take part in non-core activities as directed.
- Compliant with laboratory safety procedures and OH&S; standards.
- Ensure that all safety schedules and standards are completed.
Skills and experience required include:
- A commitment to promoting laboratory safety, including good housekeeping practices.
- Candidates must be fit to perform physical duties. Role requires repetitive manual labour, including lifting 10-15kg objects on a daily basis. Candidates may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Previous laboratory experience in a coal testing environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology or Environmental Sciences.
- Familiarity with NATA, Australian Standards and ISO 17025.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well as part of a diverse team
- Enthusiasm to make a positive contribution to the team environment.
- The ability to follow instructions, pay close attention to detail and take precise readings.
- Demonstrated numerical skills required to check test results and perform simple calculations.
- The ability to work methodically, quickly and accurately maintain records.
- The ability to multi-task and flexibility to adapt to changing work practices.
- Excellent organisational skills and problem solving skills.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to producing quality work.
- Available to work during school holiday periods.
Salary range: AUD53,000 - 63,000 (excluding superannuation)
GeoGAS, a part of RPMGlobal, provides laboratory and consulting services to the mining and CSG industries.
GeoGAS has over 20 years’ experience in consulting and laboratory testing and one of the most comprehensive gas reservoir databases in Australia. Our experience and capabilities cover underground mine gas management through to coal bed methane gas production.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on via the Careers Website
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Employing Company Mindrill Responsibilities and Duties Set up and operate multiple CNC Lathes and Machining Centres in manufacturing drilling consumables used in mining. Inspect completed wor [...]
Job Details Reference368018B_1610517805 LocationMackay Job TypeFull Time Posted11 minutes ago ConsultantCourtney Lavender Our Client is a leading Australian aftermarket supplier of Hydraulic and Indus [...]
Job Details - Reference368018B_1610517805 - LocationMackay - Job TypeFull Time - Posted11 minutes ago - ConsultantCourtney Lavender Our Client is a leading Australian aftermarket supplier of Hydraul [...]
Are you a trade qualified diesel fitter with component rebuild experience and want to work in a spacious purpose-built workshop with industry specific tooling to safely carry out tasks? About us H [...]