The University of Adelaide
(Level A) $68,912 to $92,796 or (Level B) $97,577 to $115,495 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation will apply
The University of Adelaide Enterprise Agreement 2017-2021 will apply to a successful candidate’s employment at the University. The University recently temporarily varied its Enterprise Agreement. Please be advised that the salary range, along with other conditions associated with this position, may change in accordance with the variation to the Enterprise Agreement.
Multiple full-time continuing and fixed-term Associate Lecturer/Lecturer positions available
Unique opportunity to join our team in helping to make a difference to health care and contributing to the University’s strategic future making plan
With a high level of hands-on practical experience in both simulation and real health care settings, our aim is to equip our students to manage patient care, education and health promotion and advocacy at the Adelaide Nursing School.
We are seeking academic staff who are innovative with their teaching methods and passionate about preparing the next generation of health care professionals. Candidates with experience in any nursing field are encouraged to apply.
To be successful as Associate Lecturer, Level A you will need:
- Unrestricted Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- A Bachelor of Nursing and post graduate qualifications in nursing and/or education.
- Demonstration of commitment to student centred learning.
- The ability to supervise students and facilitate learning in clinical placement.
- Experience in managing small and large group teaching.
In addition to the above, to be successful as Lecturer, Level B you will need:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and workshops; as well as marking and assessment activities; and a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated experience in course coordination and the management of teaching and learning resources and staffing, including experience in the development of innovative teaching methods and curriculum.
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing education at postgraduate and undergraduate level.
- Postgraduate qualifications of at least Graduate Diploma within a field relevant to Nursing
- Doctorate/PhD or commitment to study a Doctorate/PhD in Nursing.
These positions require a valid Working with Children Check
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of six schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: nurses; medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm, 20 December 2020.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Associate Professor Frank Donnelly
Interim Dean of Nursing, Adelaide Nursing School
P: +61 8313 3639
E: [email protected]
For application related queries, contact:
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences HR Team
E: [email protected]
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Innovator and leader in Australian retailing and manufacturing - Competitive salary package - Full time position With over 70 years' experience in the industry, Stratco is a dynamic, nationa [...]
Job Description About the Role As the Recreational Activities Officer, you will put the “heart” into the home for our residents. You will drive the energy, engagement and participation of r [...]
Do work that matters Retail Lending Operations supports home loan processing nationally including the production, fulfilment and maintenance of home loans across three key functions: document fulfi [...]
How does Splend work? Kickstarting a career as a driver can be frustrating. There’s a lot of paperwork, legislation, and competition. At Splend, we help drivers manage the business side of things [...]