About the position
- World class researcher
- Strategic thinker
- Organisational leader
The Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare (IEBH) delivers world-class research, engagement and training that serves as a national and international resource for scholars, clinicians, system leaders, patients and families to improve evidence-based healthcare. The effective integration of research into practice advances the health and healthcare of Australians, influences health policy, improves global health outcomes, and enhances Bond’s reputation as Australia’s leading private, independent, not-for-profit University.
Established in 2010 as the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP),
the Institute engages a globally connected team of highly-skilled researchers and educators who also provide advisory services. These
services aim to guide individuals and groups to consider ways to provide sustainable, evidence-based healthcare, and how research can better inform policy.
The Institute has developed innovative education and world-leading research initiatives and we are seeking the next generation of leadership to support us in building on, and delivering, these products to the global community. This is a long-term role for a highly experienced and energetic academic leader.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Institute, the Deputy Director & Research Professor is a significant role that requires research, academic and business leadership skills and experience. Our vision for the Deputy Director & Research Professor role is to continue to build momentum and drive a culture of growth, advance research capacity and performance, and increase our financial sustainability. Deputy Director & Research Professor will support the Institute Director to manage and lead a large team across diverse research and business portfolios of the Institute both at Bond University and at the Evidence-Based Practice Professorial Unit within the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS).
The Deputy Director & Research Professor will be located at Bond University Campus, Robina (3 days per week) and at the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Southport (2 days per week).
About the person:
Interested candidates should possess:
- A PhD
- Excellent publication record in clinical research, including research experience with some of the Institute research themes: antibiotic resistance, overdiagnosis/overtreatment; neglected non-pharmaceutical treatment; and avoidable waste in research
- Experience with managing research teams, including international research collaborations
- A good track record in successful grant funding
- Experience in supervising HDR (PhD & Masters) students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with clinicians, university staff, and student groups
- Experience in development of research capacity and capability within varying disciplines
- High level negotiation skills and the ability to engage and manage complex stakeholder groups, with highly developed skills in relationship building, partnership, and collaboration
For a confidential discussion regarding this upcoming opportunity, please contact Professor Paul Glasziou, +61 7 5595 5515 or via email [email protected]
Further information on the Institute can be found at https://iebh.bond.edu.au/
Application and submission details:
Note: A full recruitment campaign for this Level E position will take place in early 2021. Interested applicants will need to submit an application to be considered for this appointment at that time. The anticipated commencement date for the successful candidate will be mid 2021 or by negotiation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Connect with Telstra We’re all about helping our customers connect faster, better and smarter. And that’s where you come in, to help us realise our vision to create a brilliantly connected future [...]
Our client, is a busy club based in Broadbeach. They are currently seeking a Hospitality trainee to complete their qualification. The Role This is a fabulous opportunity for someone with a desire an [...]
About NORTEC NORTEC is a for-purpose, community-owned organisation. Our delivery of community programs, employment services, and small business support is centered around our organisational purpose, [...]
- State of the art workshop and equipment available - Work for one of Australia’s leading Automotive Groups - Training and development opportunities Frizelle Sunshine Automotive have held a loc [...]