- Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Full-time, FTE until December 2022
- RES_141 $70,293 - $94,497 + 17% Superannuation
The recent Academic Ranking of World Universities placed Deakin in the top 1 percent worldwide for Computer Science.
This is a great opportunity to build your career in Research wherein you will be working on the coordinated backscatter communications within cellular systems and/or applications of Artificial Intelligence to IoT networks including passive RFID devices using backscatter communication.
In addition, you may need to build a test-bed for demonstrations using software defined radio (SDR) units. A crucial element of your role will see you provide day-to-day assistance in executing the project modules,
play a role in IP generation and reporting, and assist Academia in supervising practical and experimental work of project students.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and assisting with research projects, collaborations and partnerships.
- Contributing to building an active national research record, prepare findings for oral and written communication including publications and the generation of external research income.
- Developing an early career research plan.
- Personally, and through active participation in teams, preparing and developing grant applications and research proposal submissions to external funding bodies.
- Contribution to the supervision, of honours and HDR students subject to opportunity.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- PhD (or near completion) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Cyber Security or a relevant field.
- Sound knowledge of at least three areas out of artificial intelligence, cyber security, data analytics, optimization, Internet of Things, signal and image processing, information security, software engineering, human computer interactions (incl. AR & VR), and IT for education.
- Demonstrated skills in the publication of research journal articles, conference papers, and/or demonstrated skills in the preparation of research manuscripts.
- A strong record of high quality peer reviewed publications in highly ranked international journals.
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of research grant applications, especially ARC Linkage applications.
Applications for this position close on 23 November 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Jean-Guy Schneider at [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are active participant of VEU SCHEME, one of the most trusted in thelighting industry by consumers in providing high quality, sustainable and costefficient LED lighting solutions. Good Commission [...]
About The Role Operations Specialists help assist with multiple job responsibilities within the operation center. The Operations Specialist will work with our team to process orders through our ope [...]
- Senior Regulatory and Compliance Analysts - Ongoing roles in two sections - Melbourne CBD - EL 1 - Min $99,425 Max $112,122 plus 15.4 super We are looking to fill several roles which offer the [...]
SH Recruitment is working with a highly professional and respected early learning education client that requires an experienced Early Childhood Teacher located in the Brighton area. About the role [...]