AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
Australian Capital Territory
Classification: Academic Level A/B
Salary package: $80,439-$113,165 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed term (24 months)
- Be part of an innovative project that supports farmers and the environment
- Work with a highly productive and innovative research team
- Build your skills in environmental research, stakeholder engagement and informing policy
You will provide research and advice to support the development of a Biodiversity Stewardship Pilot Program under the Australian Government’s Agriculture Stewardship Package. The successful applicant will focus on work associated with monitoring the condition of, and improvement in,
native vegetation and native biodiversity under agricultural stewardship programs. The overarching goal of the work will be to develop new ways to revolutionise the ecological effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of monitoring in environmental stewardship programs and related certification schemes. There will be a strong emphasis on publishing the findings in scientific papers. The research will involve extensive engagement with external stakeholders.
In the latest World University Rankings, The Australian National University was the top-ranked institution in Australia for environmental research. The Fenner School of Environment & Society has a large, dynamic community of academic staff and postgraduate students who are provided with high quality office facilities, computer and statistical support, and access to field equipment, laboratory facilities and a fleet of 4WD vehicles. Academic staff are encouraged to collaborate widely and attend national and international conferences. The ANU College of Science has a strong tradition of research excellence that has fostered distinguished Nobel Laureates and Kyoto Prize winners and that trains scientific leaders in disciplines in which the ANU is consistently ranked in the top twenty in the world.
To see what the Science at ANU community is like, we invite you to follow us on social media at Instagram and Facebook
The Australian National University is a world-leading institution and provides a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here.
For more information, please contact Professor David Lindenmayer: 02 61250654 or [email protected]
Closing Date: 27 November 2020
Position Description: Academic Level A_B monitoring Lindenmayer 20201026.docx
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. People with a disability are encouraged to apply. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Opportunity to work at one of Australia's leading cultural institutions - Be a part of the Library's exciting new future - APS4 - $65,641 - $70,878 The Library is evolving to meet the demands o [...]
Department: Dental Practice Location: ACT City: Belconnen, ACT Post Date: 2020-11-25 Job Reference: JO-2011-16912 - Opportunity for an experienced Dental Assistant - Permanent Full- [...]
- Opportunity to work at one of Australia's leading cultural institutions - Be a part of the Library's exciting new future - APS5 - $73,045 - $77,863 The Library is evolving to meet the demands o [...]
- Work at one of Australia's leading cultural institutions - Be a part of the Library's exciting new future - $99,538 - $118,340 pa The Library is evolving to meet the demands of the 21st century [...]