At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimized Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time.
We are currently seeking applications for an experienced Senior Mechanical CAD Engineer to join our R&D; team. Based in our Melbourne office,
this role will see that you not only hit the ground running with your experience but you will be rewarded by being part of a high functioning team within a driven and motivated company.
As a Senior Mechanical CAD Engineer, you will be responsible for but are not limited to:
- Deliver robust and high quality mechanical design solutions that are compliant with all applicable business and regulatory requirements.
- Develop instrument mechanical architecture and ensure quality of mechanical group deliverables with a focus on DFx.
- Produce and review high quality drawings according to Leica CAD standards for ease of manufacture, assembly, service, and Quality Assurance purposes.
- Ensure that master CAD model for each instrument is kept up to date in line with changes introduced into production. Ensure that past configurations of instrument master CAD models are available.
- Contribute to establishment, and continuous improvement, of mechanical engineering processes and procedures to support business needs and satisfy applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the team.
- Provide support to stakeholders within the business in matters relating to mechanical design and product issues.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with minimum 8 years’ relevant experience in developing and delivering complex electro-mechanical devices
- At least 6 years of experience with Unigraphics/Siemens NX CAD
- Highly experienced in using design and drafting standards, based on AS1100 and ASME Y14.5, within a quality system
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing methods and working with suppliers
- Experience with problem solving techniques and generating technical documentation - risk and hazards analysis, design descriptions, verification plans and reports
- Competent with MS Office Suite
- Ability to train, mentor and coach others
- Attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated disposition and personal accountability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to improve lives
- Interest in Histology
- Experience with reliability engineering concepts
- Experience working on medical products in a regulated environment - FDA QSR 820
- Experience with other CAD systems
- Experience with PLM or data management systems
- Experience in writing macros or customisation for CAD
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee, you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are seeking a new challenge where your performance and contribution is valued, and the role aligns with your next career move, we would love to hear from you.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
ATF Services is a market leader in fencing, height safety and now Vision services in Australia and New Zealand. The role being offered is looking after administration needs based at our Dandenong Sout [...]
Customer Service Officer At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and [...]
Customer Service Officers - VIC - Ongoing temp to perm opportunity - $27PH + Super - Diverse role in operations and customer service - Located in Dandenong The Company We are currently [...]
Pick / Packer - Basic Assembly - Afternoon Shift - START TODAY !!!! AFTERNOON SHIFT - START TODAY !!!!!!!!!! Our client, A prominent engineering company based in Dandenong, has positions available [...]