AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
- Lead the growth of our Diploma Pathway programs
- A key role creating a supportive learning environment for our students
- Full time, continuing position that can be based at our Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane campuses
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community,
all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Education Pathways is responsible for access, pathways, transition and student experience of commencing domestic and international students across all ACU campuses. The unit supports a range of ACU institutional strategies and strategic priorities led by the Office of the Provost and the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global and Education Pathways. Education Pathways provide access to, participation and success in tertiary education for a range of student cohorts, including equity groups, school and non-school leavers.
National Manager Diploma Programs is responsible for growth and management of diploma pathway programs (AQF Levels V and VI) from ideation to implementation, and for providing academic and operational leadership to all Diploma Programs within Education Pathways. Providing leadership includes developing and maintaining relevant curriculum, ensuring utilisation of transition pedagogy and creating a supportive learning environment for students. The National Manager Diploma Programs must prioritise student engagement in active learning and enhance student experience by facilitating engagement within the wider university.
More specifically the role entails:
- Fulfilling enrolment targets in collaboration with faculties and OPSM by actively participating in enrolment planning and mapping of Diploma enrolments and articulation into full degree programs.
- Ensuring commercial viability of Diploma programs through engagement with responsible financial and operational delegations.
- Leading and managing the development, delivery and on-going quality control of new and existing Diploma programs in accordance with CRICOS and TEQSA standards.
- Actively engaging in collaborative curriculum development and review based on the assessment of student and faculty needs and through student, staff and other stakeholder feedback.
You will need to have:
- A recognised degree or equivalent at postgraduate diploma level or above.
- At least 5 years’ teaching experience including both academic pathways and general or specific-purpose courses, and at least 2 years’ experience in education management.
- Knowledge of current developments in pathways, including a broad familiarity with the use of technology and e-learning applications in transition education teaching.
- Experience in the development, implementation and review of Pathways curricula, including the development and moderation of assessment tasks that are used to provide evidence of the attainment of desired outcomes to university entrance standards.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $135,972 total rem - $145,092 total rem pa, including salary component $114,981 - $122,776 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Marta Skrbis at [email protected]
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm on Monday 28 September 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
<p style="font-family: Arial"><img alt="" src="s:mcusercontent.com7c1c49b9463b0d4df3fcd5d8dimages4808bfcf-5d55-499f-a328-9eaccb4c6175.png" style="width: 100%;" ><p> <p style="font [...]
- Lead the growth of our Diploma Pathway programs - A key role creating a supportive learning environment for our students - Full time, continuing position that can be based at our Sydney, Melbour [...]
We are seeking Certificate III qualified Early Childhood Educators across QLD Randstad Education is currently recruiting Certificate III qualified Early Childcare Educators to work in child care cent [...]
About the Opportunity A bulk billing medical centre based in a very busy commercial location in Oxley Park is hiring more vocationally registered general practitioners for a new start in early 2021. [...]