Position Title: Senior Construction & Commercial Legal Practitioner
Practice Area: Disputes & Commercial
Reporting to: Disputes Practice Area Leader
Office: Hobart CBD
Tierney Law is a Tasmanian general legal practice, based on long term client and referrer relationships, with offices in Hobart, Huonville and Sorell.
Tierney Law is values lead. Staff need to share the workplace ethos. Tierney Law is committed to:
- professional, efficient and friendly service.
- a respectful, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
This is a senior ongoing full-time position subject to a 6-month probation period based at Tierney Law’s Hobart office to deliver commercial and construction legal service.
The construction work involves both front end and back end work and will involve working closely with Tierney Law’s senior construction lawyer.
As a senior practitioner, you will need to:
- use the existing office practice system and precedents,
- be efficient regarding secretarial support , and
- contribute to the improvement of Tierney Law’s automated and integrated knowledge base and data management system.
The applicant will need:
- a law degree and practicing certificate,
- Minimum 3 years relevant post admission experience,
- robust construction industry knowledge,
- transactional commercial knowledge and experience,
- knowledge and experience in construction law,
- well developed techniques to avoid, manage and resolve construction disputes,
- excellent interpersonal skills,
- ability to act independently with limited supervision,
- high level initiative, and judgment for decisive and well-reasoned action, and
- to communicate well and commit to writing in plain English.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MONDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2020.
For enquires about this exciting opportunity please contact John Kirkwood (03 6220 2777).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the business Care2Serve is part of Carers Tasmania. Care2Serve is the Carer Gateway Service Provider for Tasmania and one of only ten organisations nationally providing support to family member [...]
Great hospital within a well-run medicine team. 3 months placement with potential to extend. Travel & accommodation provided. Overview Charterhouse Medical are currently looking for a PGY3- RM [...]
Great hospital within a well-run ED team. Full Time Contract Travel & accommodation provided Overview Charterhouse Medical are currently looking for a PGY3- RMO/Resident Medical Officer for st [...]
We are looking for a VR GP to work in in a brand new, mixed billing in TAS, to commence work . This is a boutique, Doctor owned in a high socioeconomic area, with expected high footfall of patients. [...]