Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
About the Role
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that 10x’s services,
both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems, have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems—we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the team and own and drive the vision for the service going forward. As an SRE you will be responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other. In this role, you will be limiting time spent on operational work, conducting blameless postmortems and ensuring the proactive identification of potential outages. You are able to self-direct to work on meaningful projects, whilst also striving to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Ideally you will have...
- Good experience building and operating services on AWS and with RESTful APIs, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with development life cycle process (CI/CD), best practices and operating distributed cloud-based micro services
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other big data and streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring
- Supported services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
If you also have experience with any of the following, we’d love to hear from you…
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency saturation, errors and overall system health
- Scaled systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- ReactiveX and of Service Meshes (Linkerd, Istio)
- Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing support focused tooling
- Analysing end-user experience design and developing high profile client facing products with intricate end-customer experience workflows
- The ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks
Note: Our SRE team is expected to be part of our on-call team to support 24/7 live service for our clients. A highly competitive on-call package is in place to compensate you for this.
- Competitive compensation package
- 23 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Public Holidays
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
More About 10x
Our head office is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia providing our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach: Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
You You are an engineer based in Australia or the Western United States and are passionate about observability, automation, and reliability. Your team can count on you to deliver creative and inventi [...]
Cloud Engineer - Sydney A large government organisation is looking for a Public Cloud Engineer to join their State-Wide Data Centre Reform for a 12 month contract based from their head office i [...]
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs by building a suite of easy-to-use design tools (for graphics, animation, video, and print) in over 100 languages, and across browser-based and [...]
Description Twelve-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. We connect millions of employers to freelancers across the globe, and eve [...]