GSK is a science-led global healthcare company focussed on innovation. In 2018 we invested over $7 billion in research and development globally, focusing on science related to the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies.
GSK is set to deliver transformational therapies for people living with cancer. Our Oncology pipeline is focused on Cancer Epigenetics, Oncology Cell Therapy, Immuno-Oncology and Synthetic Lethality and is progressing at pace. To help make that happen, we have recently doubled the number of oncology projects in development through our own science, the acquisition of TESARO and other alliances.
We are now tremendously excited about near and mid-term potential for this new science to benefit Australian patients, and we’re committed to ensuring that we work in full partnership with our external oncology stakeholders to deliver maximal benefit to Australian patients.
In preparation we are looking to build a talented commercial Oncology team starting and are looking for a seasoned marketer to join our growing team. This is rare opportunity that will see you working hand in hand with our Business Unit Director playing a key role in the set-up our Oncology commercial team in preparation for the launch of a number of GSK pipeline assets.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the strategy and vision for the Australia Oncology business ensuring alignment with global GSK oncology strategic priorities.
- Contributing to the successful launch of new GSK oncology assets and delivering optimal sales and growth for strategic oncology medicines.
- Acting as a role model demonstrating our GSK values and expectations to internal employees and external stakeholders in the medical, payer, and patient communities as we re-establish our presence in Oncology.
- Being a strong and committed strategic partner to the Australia Oncology medical team, to ensure best possible launches for pipeline assets in oncology.
- Keeping up to speed on developments in the oncology therapeutic area including a detailed and current understanding of the disease and treatment landscape & competitor activity as well as keeping up to date with GSK pipeline products and activities.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with strategic agility and demonstrated influencing skills as this role involves a wide range of internal and external stakeholder management in a complex matrix environment.
In addition to this you will have:
- An experienced and strategic marketer with extensive subject matter expertise in Oncology together with an applied understanding of the Australian reimbursement landscape.
- New product launch experience with strategic specialty assets. We have a strong preference for multiple myeloma and Ovarian Cancer experience.
- Well-developed financial and commercial acumen.
- Excellent business partnering skills and ability to influence across boundaries and a broad range of cross functional regional and global stakeholders.
- A superior motivator, communicator, team builder and leader.
It’s time for us to start building our oncology talent pipeline to develop and deliver on strategy to support our vision for oncology in Australia. Join our team in this rare and exciting commercial leadership role!
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. We have clear values and expectations and we put them at the heart of everything we do. At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Collaborative team environment - Dynamic and Professional Environment - Excellent Specialist Facilities for the Boarding House About the position: Edmund Webb Boarding House has a current c [...]
You may know us as the home of PERi-PERi chicken, but we’re a people-first, chicken-second kind of place. At Nando's you'll be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where you're encouraged to br [...]
About the opportunity We are looking for a cohort of driven and motivated individuals to join our summer internship programme, and gain hands-on experience in a high growth global startup. AmazingC [...]
Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Our mission at GlaxoSmithKline is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own [...]