St Andrew's Hospital
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Subsidised On-site Car Parking (max $5/day)
St Andrew’s Hospital has provided medical and surgical services to South Australians for 84 years and is Australia’s largest standalone independent private hospital, recognised nationally as a centre of excellence. Building on our successful base, in 2018 we completed a $50 million upgrade and expansion of our clinical facilities with more improvements planned for 2020 and beyond.
St Andrew’s is a 240-bed facility with eleven state of the art operating theatre suites, a 28 bed cardiac unit, an 18 bed critical care unit, emergency department, angiography suite, chest pain unit,
an extensive new procedural suite with day of surgery admissions, and arguably, South Australia’s most comprehensive private cancer care facility. With over 30,000 procedures being performed each year we cater for most surgical specialties including, but not limited to, cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, vascular, urology, colorectal, orthopaedics, breast and gynaecology and the busiest (da Vinci) Robotics unit in Australia.
About The Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse with extensive recovery/anaesthetics experience and strong organisational and communication skills to join us in this senior leadership position (RN Level 2).
The successful candidate will undertake a coordinating role within our Procedural Suite, assisting anaesthetic, recovery, theatre and procedural suite staff as required.
This position will suit candidates with a desire to commence or extend their leadership journey whilst maintaining core clinical expertise.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and coordinating activity with our new Procedural Suite, including, Recovery, Anaesthetics, Theatre and Procedure Room functions with the help of Clinical Nurses from each specialty;
- Ensuring a cohesive team environment through communication with Procedural Suite staff and wider clinical teams;
- Encouraging and enabling professional development of staff;
- Assist in the safe and effective allocation of Nursing staff within the Procedural Suite;
- Developing and maintaining care standards in line with the Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) and national standards;
- Deputising for the Clinical Manager as required
The successful candidate will be supported by our dedicated Nursing Management team, who are enthusiastic about mentoring and developing frontline leaders to grow both personally and professionally. This support is supplemented by the structured leadership development and management training programs we offer all frontline leaders.
Pay rates and the position description can be found in the attachments to this advertisement.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate highly developed competency and analytical skills in the clinical field of recovery/anaesthetics, will have excellent communication skills to liaise with the Theatre Coordinator and relevant Clinical Nurses to ensure a safe and efficient service is provided to deliver superior patient care. A head for business and finances would be highly valued as the role is responsible for ensuring that service delivery is cost effective.
In addition, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- The ability to motivate and lead others
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with both Medical Officers and nurses
- Current registration with AHPRA
- A commitment to delivering best practice patient care.
- An interest in mentoring and educating our up and coming Perioperative Nurses
Relevant Post Graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
This position is permanent part-time with 67.5 hours/fortnight (0.9 FTE) comprising a combination of early and late shifts Monday to Friday with Saturday standby and on call as required.
Benefits and Culture:
At St Andrew’s we believe that relationships matter, and our people are the key to our success. Our committed leadership team, and open and inclusive culture, is reflected in our significant levels of staff tenure and high job satisfaction.
With a commitment to medical and surgical excellence, we encourage our front-line staff to identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to decisions, to ensure we are able to provide the best care to our patients.
In addition to our positive culture, staff at St Andrew’s enjoy superior working conditions and benefits, including:
- generous salary packaging benefits
- regular staff recognition events
- leadership development programs
- extensive in-house training and education programs, and support for further study
- competitive discounts on private health insurance and pharmaceuticals
- a strong commitment to flexible working arrangements, including up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, and a range of wellbeing initiatives
- access to subsidised on-site staff gymnasium and car parking.
For further information please contact:
Sharon Blaney, Clinical Manager Recovery & Anaesthetics on
(08) 8408 2361 or [email protected]
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
- Please include a cover letter together with your resume uploaded as one document
- Address applications to Sharon Blaney, Clinical Manager Recovery & Anaesthetics.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 4 December 2020
St Andrew’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of all cultural backgrounds and ethnicities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Note, shortlisting and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and any applications received by direct email may not be considered and will be asked to apply online.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Staff Chaplain SALHN Unit of Synod/Presbytery/Congregation: South Adelaide Local Health Network Classification: Part Time Fixed Term - Provide professional leadership to the spiritual care progra [...]
- Multiple casual roles available - Working in client's homes across various Northern Adelaide suburbs - Must have regular availability 7 days between 6am - 11pm and availability to work multiple [...]
- Full-time ongoing role in a reputable organisation - Experienced and supportive team - Salary sacrifice available to reduce your tax and maximise your take home pay About Us At Centacare Catho [...]
Engagement & Communications Coordinator Unit of Synod/Presbytery/Congregation: Engagement Ministry Centre Classification: Full Time Permanent - Develop and encourage effective communication withi [...]