Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Sydney office:
Senior Adviser Mergers & Acquisitions
What can you expect?
- The successful candidate will join our high performing Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) team in Sydney advising investment funds and corporates on M&A; insurance solutions, specifically warranties and indemnities insurance.
- Immediate exposure to top tier clients and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Commercially focused role, with great collaboration and learning within the team, while driving M&A; projects with autonomy.
- Permanent full-time opportunity located in Sydney (Melbourne considered).
What is in it for you?
- Leverage your M&A; experience to help facilitate deals and grow an existing portfolio of business through the use of M&A; insurance solutions.
- Professional and inclusive environment where your career path really matters and is supported in our global organization. Staff development is paramount to our organisation.
- Great environment with close knit, energetic and supportive colleagues.
We will count on you to:
- Provide ongoing strategic advice to clients on the use of warranties and indemnities insurance in M&A; deals to enable commercial objectives to be achieved.
- Manage & expand relationships within the M&A; community, including investment funds, Marsh corporate clients and prospects, insurers, law firms and other advisors.
- Mentor and guide junior Brokers by providing shadow exposure to consulting, advice, broking and all areas of M&A; insurance solutions.
- Undertake in-depth analysis on each client engagement to understand all potential insurable risks associated with the deal and advise on possible M&A; insurance solutions.
- Manage and take ownership of the policy and coverage negotiation process to develop enhanced and bespoke policy wordings to ensure the client’s commercial objectives are achieved.
- Project Marsh’s principles externally and internally, and be an ambassador for Marsh by creating thought leadership and by hosting/chairing industry events.
- Assume a critical project management role, coordinating various work streams and advisors.
- Strive to deliver best practice, market-leading service and solutions for all clients.
What you need to have:
- M&A; experience of 4+ years and strong knowledge of transaction documents such as sale and purchase agreements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Finance, Commerce or related field.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Highly motivated, with a client, service and solutions mindset.
- Proven experience of managing & advising a portfolio of clients.
What makes you stand out:
- Strong knowledge of the M&A; deal process, previous experience in a warranties and indemnities insurance role, and motivation to a growth mindset.
- Commitment to providing high-level client service.
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Apply now, by sending your resume and cover letter to Denise O’Hanlon by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Profile Summary Developing, designing and maintaining technologies that improve the way our clients and the world works. Supporting the core of Accenture's Technology business, they use curiosit [...]
Description Bend + Mend is offering a new opportunity for a Physiotherapy role that includes comprehensive professional development, a clear career pathway, and a great CBD location. Come and work at [...]
Arrilla is a majority Indigenous-owned training and consulting firm celebrating almost 30 years in business. Arrilla has an exceptional reputation in the Indigenous and reconciliation spaces as a mark [...]
Currently recruiting for our Cafe Supervisor for our exciting new restaurant opening in the Crown Sydney. IL CAFFE will be the new waterside pizza and expresso bar with a focus on excellent customer [...]