Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
Reports To: Regional Service Manager, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
Based in: Melbourne Victoria with a national role
Position Summary: The Field Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service support of existing customer base in Victoria and nationally. The engineer will also support sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Field Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, and maintenance of Beckman Coulter equipment at customer sites.
- Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Beckman Coulter technical staff.
A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company
- Call Closure ‐Using our computerised system, the FSE is responsible for closing service calls at time of completion. This action then prompts customer invoices, relieves inventory of parts used and ultimately leads to our objective of accurate reporting.
- Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”
- Excellent follow‐up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
- Managing Call Escalations ‐ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
Financial Management & Growth
- Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their District. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements monthly base billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
- Achieve annual revenue target with expected year‐over‐year growth of > 12%
- Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses, signed, with receipt before 15th of each month
- Manage on-hand car boot stock inventories
- Monitor and track the on-hand inventory to achieve zero discrepancies and maintain excess stocks to below $2k
- Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
- Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
- Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
- Sales Support
- Value Selling ‐add value to our service offerings. A FSE must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering other services (i.e. reagents, consumables, additional or new equipment leads, service on non‐agreement instruments, etc.).
- Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales growth
- Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth
- Sense of Urgency ‐must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to priorities’ daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills ‐must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers. Must be a true professional at all times. Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator.
- Ability to adapt ‐must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
- Able to travel interstate primarily 40% ‐70% of the time
Education and/or Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Biomedical
- At least 2 years of prior field service experience in related field is preferred
- Desirable knowledge of Flow Cytometry, Liquid Handlers and Centrifugation
- Highly computer literate (especially in Microsoft Office product range)
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem‐solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The College is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Cello Tutor to join the Music program at the College commencing Term 1, 2021. This position involves teaching group activities with students at o [...]
Akira Sushi Lane Cove Position: Restaurant Manager Location: Lane Cove, NSW Work Type: Full Time Salary: $54,000 ~ $65,000 Akira Sushi is looking for a qualified and experienced [...]
Guest Service Agent Lane Cove Guest Service Agent Delaware North at Lane Cove Tourist Park has a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Guest Service Agent to join a small team of professiona [...]
Description Lane Cove Guest Service Agent Delaware North at Lane Cove Tourist Park has a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Guest Service Agent to join a small team of professionals pro [...]