- Partnership with the Centre for Applied Material and Industrial Chemistry
- Expertise in Nanostructured Catalysts for Sustainable Chemicals
- Fixed Term - January 2021 - July 2023, based in Central Melbourne
- Academic Level B ($98,495 - $116,965) + 17% super
About the role:
As a Research Fellow in Nanostructured Catalysts for Sustainable Chemicals, you will be based in the SMAC Group, within the Applied Chemistry and Environmental Science discipline in the School of Science. The position will carry out independent and team research which has a significant impact in their area of specialisation and be acknowledged at international level as being influential in expanding the knowledge of their relevant discipline.
The Research Fellow's role is primarily to support activities on a recently funded ARC Discovery project 'Nanostructured solid acid catalysts for sustainable chemical manufacturing', and will be required to plan, develop and engage in high quality research projects in the design, synthesis and application of porous and nanoparticulate solid acid and base catalysts for biomass valorisation with project partners at University of Sydney, The Spanish National Research Council and University of Milano-Bicocca.
- Strong track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates
- Extensive experience in the synthesis and characterisation of nanoparticulate metal/bimetallic catalysts and porous solids
- Experience in hands-on materials analysis by electron microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- Expertise in in-situ or operando IR spectroscopic measurements of catalysts, and experience of X-ray absorption spectroscopy for catalyst characterisation
- Experienced user of catalytic microreactors and associated kinetic analysis by e.g. GC, HPLC and/or MS
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to liaise with a range of stakeholders
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
- PhD in Catalysis or Materials Science
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any inquires please contact Professor Karen Wilson at [email protected]
Applications close on Sunday 22 November 2020 at 11.55 pm.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email [email protected] or call Kassie on +61399252442 with your request(s).
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As a New Business Associate You Will Be A fantastic opportunity for someone who looking to further their career within the Financial Services sector. - Managing a range of Global clients enqu [...]
THE FIRM Located in the south-eastern suburbs, this well-known law firm has a reputation across Victoria as being leaders in their industry. They pride themselves on providing the best advice and d [...]
No experience required Need carwash staff Part time or full time shifts [...]
Looking for full time Renderers / Solid Plasterers for continuous work on high end architectural projects. All work is mainly inner South / Eastern melbourne surrounding suburbs. MUST BE... Experi [...]