- Opportunity to play a pivotal role in electronic and photonic engineering
- Working in partnership with Advanced Navigations
- Part-time 0.5 FTE, (2.5 days) fixed term until 2nd November 2022
- HEW 8 ($99,561 - $103,588) + 17% super (pro rata)
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design, and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
About You and the role:
As the Project Manager,
you will play an instrumental and vital role in the planning, overseeing and leading of this industry lead research project. Working in partnership with Advanced Navigations, you will support the broader team (Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering) at RMIT to deliver milestones and keep the project on track.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading an industry lead research project from ideation through to completion. This is a senior role at RMIT University and will be placed within the InPAC centre. https://www.inpac.org.au/
You will require excellent interpersonal skills, strong time management skills and a high-level understanding of university-industry engagement including a strong understanding of the electronic and photonic engineering context.
The project itself is to transition integrated photonic devices from a technology readiness level of 4 to level 7 within a 3-year timeframe. Therefore, the role will involve managing several moving project parts simultaneously. It will also require engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will have:
- Proven academic and industry experiences in electronic and photonic engineering-related business management and operation
- A critical understanding of current university-industry research engagement, knowledge of successful approaches and likely pitfalls
- Experience in the preparation of briefs and presentations for a variety of audiences
- Experience in leading project planning sessions and overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Project management experience to manage project progress and ensure projects meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed reports for executive staff and external stakeholders
- Strong engagement skills to manage and influence relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills, including high attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and the ability to manage and motivate staff to complete work in a collaborative high-pressured environment.
About the School
The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace Engineering & Aviation; Chemical & Environmental Engineering; Civil & Infrastructure Engineering; Electrical & Biomedical Engineering; Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering; Manufacturing, Materials & Mechatronic Engineering; Mechanical & Automotive Engineering.
More details on the School of Engineering in this link.
A tertiary qualification in an electronic and photonic related engineering disciplines (completion of an MBA degree is highly regarded) and/or substantial project management experience.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us via your preferred type of communication: email [email protected] or call Kassie on +61399252442 with your request(s).
Applications close 11:55 pm Sunday 29 November 2020
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As our new KIOSC (Knox Innovation Opportunity & Sustainability Centre) Teacher/Educator, you will contribute to the development and delivery of a range of STEM programs designed to equip mainly second [...]
- Join a research team in the Centre for Transformative Media Technologies (CTMT) - Podcasting and Technology - Full time, 3 year fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus About the Scholarship [...]
Signalling Safety Lead-TRCS-AUME02403664 Description At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. J [...]
We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to contribute to a key project on “Electrically-Enhanced Recycling and Refining of End-of-Life Silicon Photovoltaic Cells – Process Upscale”. T [...]