ST VINCENT'S HOSPITAL SYDNEY
Position Title: Research Assistant - Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
Employment Type: Maximum Term, Part-Time
Hours per week: Up to 16 Hours Per Week
Position Grade: Technical Officer Grade 1 Year 5
Salary: $26,470.46 per annum plus superannuation
Enterprise Agreement: The named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations Health Employees Agreement 2009
Department Name: Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
A vacancy exists for a highly motivated Research Assistant to join our Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology Department at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney.
The successful applicant will join our translational research team to assist with progressing a number of existing and new projects.
The Research Assistant of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology is employed for the Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) Advisory Service and associated studies of the department. The primary responsibility of the Research Assistant is to support clinicians monitor drug concentrations of patients through the use of Bayesian dosing methods. The Research Assistant will perform data collection and data entry, including all information necessary to complete the modelling and dose prediction process through the use of Bayesian dosing methods. The Research Assistant may also perform laboratory work The Research Assistant will work to support preparation of reports and publications related to this project, assist with grant applications and prepare presentations for scientific meetings.
A BSc or appropriate tertiary qualifications at Honours level and/or relevant experience in biological science, medical science or related discipline is required. Experience in clinical pharmacology and toxicology research is desirable. Applicants interested in pursuing postgraduate study are encouraged to apply. All applicants are required to address the Selection Criteria in their application.
The successful applicant will support research into methods to enhance quality use of medicines including safety of medicines, contribute to the advancement of the Therapeutic Drug Monitoring service of SydPath, and contribute to the academic excellence of the clinical and informatics research of the Department of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Assist with the collection of patient bloods, surveys and patient clinical information
- Perform accurate data entry of patient data using computer based pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modelling programs, ensuring that the data is stored appropriately as per SVH and privacy legislation requirements
- Assist in the production of reports and scientific papers for publication
- Liaise with a diverse range of personnel across the hospital environment including academics, scientific officers, clinical staff and patients, and attend regular meetings.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020_017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney has an Australian Taxation Office (ATO) approved salary packaging scheme in place to increase the take home pay of staff. For information about the scheme go to https://www.smartsalary.com.au/
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the 'My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent's Health Australia.
2. Bachelor of Science or appropriate tertiary qualifications at Honours level and/or relevant experience in a scientific or technical field relevant to the scientific basis, research in and practice of clinical pharmacology or related discipline and is an Australian citizen or permanent resident or holder of a current Australian work visa.
3. Demonstrated effective record keeping skills, development and maintenance of databases.
4. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, attention to detail and independently.
5. High level verbal and written communication skills which includes the ability to analyse and synthesise data, and use it for the production of presentations, scientific publications, reports and submissions.
6. Demonstrated understanding of the principles of confidentiality, and demonstrated knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
7. Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive 2007_006.
An example on how to address the selection criteria is provided in the link below in order to assist you with completing your application.
Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will have their application automatically culled
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Executive Assistant Ongoing full time position Clerk Grade 5/6 Sydney CBD About the role NSW Cyber Security is looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team. In this role you will [...]
An exciting Digital Experience Assistant opportunity exists to work for Australia's leading full-Service Digital Agency. ** Google's Performance Agency of the Year 2018 & 2019, Microsoft's APAC Agenc [...]
- 6 month contract - Exciting new project - Start straight away - $45 + Super per hour pending experience. About the Role: We have an opportunity for a Project Support Officer to be a part of [...]
Job Description The Research Assistant will conduct experiments in the following two projects. - Cell and Developmental Biology: Identifying how a protein of interest contributes to cellular fu [...]