Job Description - Revenue Recognition Analyst - Japanese speaking (20000UVN)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
- Revenue Recognition Analyst
The JAPAC Revenue Recognition team is a group of highly motivated professionals who leverage their specialist knowledge and expertise to enable Oracle’s business leaders execute deals which maximize Oracle’s revenues across multiple pillars (software, hardware, cloud & various services), while applying the highest degree of compliance with internal and external accounting policies.
As a member of this highly skilled function, you will be involved in analyzing the construct of Oracle’s multiple element deals and providing specialist advisory services by highlighting potential revenue accounting impact on draft deals as well as strategic executed orders, whilst working closely with critical stakeholders such as Deal Management, Business Practices, Finance & Legal. Your main focus will be to ensure quarterly earnings results fully adhere to Oracle’s accounting policies and US GAAP accounting guidelines.
The Revenue Recognition Team enjoys high visibility within Oracle given their direct governance over revenue which directly impacts Oracle’s share price.
- Provide technical accounting advice to Sales, Deal Management, Finance and Legal teams during deal negotiation stage such that revenues are maximized in accordance with external and internal accounting guidance whilst ensuring Finance’s forecasting activities are supported
- Develop and establish relationships with key stakeholders such as Sales, Finance, Deal - Management and Legal organizations
- Maintain an up to date and thorough knowledge of the technical accounting policies, including Oracle’s internal Revenue Recognition Policy
- Review strategic contracts for compliance with above mentioned policies
- Lead or assist in global projects across various Revenue Recognition teams/functions
- Cross-team partnering within the Global Revenue Recognition Org to ensure consistent application of revenue accounting
- Provide subject matter training to all lines of business across JAPAC as and where needed
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Demonstrate strong influencing, decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly customer focused and results oriented
- Ability to develop strong cross functional relationships with stakeholders across various functions
- Ability to interpret, present and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self starter, ability to work independently, and recommend continuous process improvement in a rapidly changing environment
- Qualified accountant or equivalent
- US GAAP ASC 606 experience is required
Life at Oracle ANZ:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to take on new roles and challenges, while blending work and life. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry. To cultivate the talent that makes this happen, we work hard to create a vibrant and rewarding workplace that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams where everyone can contribute. We take care of each other, and value giving back to the community. We have flexible work arrangements and offer benefits including generous paid parental leave and comprehensive premium medical insurance... Find out more
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Ensures that revenue is recognized in accordance with Corporate and SEC standards. Provides direction to sales organization prior to contracts being concluded.
As a member of Revenue Accounting you will assist in the processing of revenue impacting adjustments and reconciling balance sheet account. Monitor revenue, reconcile receivables, and unearned accounts. Work with internal customers to resolve related revenue inquiries. Assist in facilitating the automation of current processes and procedures. You may participate in special projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 5 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.
:Regular Employee Hire
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Growing Retail and Beauty brand in Sydney seeking stand alone People & Culture Manager to support expansion. Your new company A growing Retail and Beauty brand with head office in Sydney and expan [...]
Manager, Cloud Operations – Australia-2000138L Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Preferred Qualifications Office: Work-from-home/Remote/Office [...]
Learning and Development Specialist - Pro-active, Strategic partnering role - Newly-created role in a large, dynamic, business critical team - Brisbane CBD based role About the role All progr [...]
Production Advisor - Residential, flexible Monday to Friday role based in Nhulunbuy, NT - Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in an ideal residential environment - We offer paid parental leave en [...]