About our team
Our vision is to be a leading service provider, in partnership with our customers, of port terminal services for the import and export of grain and non-grain products. GrainCorp operates seven of the ten bulk export grain elevators (with a further one under construction) in eastern Australia.
The export elevators handle wheat, barley, canola, chickpeas, and sorghum. These are delivered by both rail and road, from GrainCorp and third-party storages, as well as direct from on-farm storage.
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager SNSW, the Maintenance Supervisor Port Kembla Terminal leads a team of permanent tradespeople and contractors at this facility.
You’ll coach and develop individuals as well as role-modelling a culture of continuous improvement and high standards of safety in keeping with GrainCorp’s core values.
Specifically, the role entails:
- Preventative and planned maintenance (PPM): establish and monitor schedule, ensuring completion to timeframes / quality; includes regular reporting and completion to budget
- Maintenance: manage open work orders to completion; prioritise jobs to business requirements and budget
- Breakdowns: manage response to breakdowns, especially those impacting service levels; resource allocation; records management; fatigue management during critical breakdown repairs; manage supply of critical parts
- Budget: ensure maintenance spend in line with budget; support for maintenance labour spend; escalate high cost repairs to Maintenance Manager
- Continuous improvement: develop a team culture that ensures continuous improvement is adopted by all maintenance employees; maintain operational and strategic plan for site maintenance.
About your experience
Our ideal candidate holds a trade certificate in a relevant discipline (electrical, fitting / machining, boiler-making for example) along with solid hands-on experience in that field in a commercial / industrial setting. You should additionally have some experience in planning and scheduling maintenance activities, ideally through known systems such as SAP. If from an electrical background, then exposure to high voltage networks and EKA control systems would be an advantage.
You’ll have some demonstrated experience managing people or workflows. Experience or understanding of managing a maintenance budget would be very useful.
Finally, a strong continuous improvement mindset and strong safety leadership behaviours will be welcome.
In addition to providing proof of working rights and suitable professional referees, preferred candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you the right person to join a growing metal fabrication business? If so your passionate and strive for excellence in everything you do. IMetal Engineering PTY LTD is currently looking for an ex [...]
Leadership Position, Role will cover GHD's Riverina and Southern NSW Region, Focus business performance and the conversion of new opportunities. ? GHD is one of the world's leading professional serv [...]
Newly created position due to growth, Career progession, Fantastic salary packaging options. About Us: Operating for over years, the Flagstaff Group is a registered provider under the National Disab [...]
About South32 South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our ope [...]