Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Due to significant growth and ongoing delivery success with our clients, Turner & Townsend's is recruiting for a senior and intermediate level Quantity Surveyor’s in Queensland to support our infrastructure and natural resources sector.
We have site based roles currently available on projects in Queensland where we are look to grow our team to support.
- Collaborate and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally
- Responsible for post-contract quantity surveying duties including preparation of contract administration, variation assessment, progress measurement assessment, final account, and the like.
- Covering a number of payment mechanisms, including lump sum, Schedule of rates, target costs and cost reimbursable.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Identifying projects trends and changes
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- A recognised Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying is preferred, our appropriate project based experience.
- Relevant work experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and where appropriate
- Experience of leading and/or successfully delivering quantity surveying commissions
- Sector experience in Natural Resources is preferred
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with excellent report and bid writing skills.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
- MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS - Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Please find out more about us at
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Executive Level 1 / - Brisbane, QLD,Canberra,Hobart, TAS,Melbourne, VIC Job Number: EXT-EL-2020-2005 Job Title: Assistant Director – HR Program Management Classification: Executive Level 1 [...]
Job Details JOB TITLE - Technical Officer - Cybercrime Operations EMPLOYMENT TYPE - Ongoing Full time LOCATION - ACT; NSW; VIC AFP BAND & SALARY - Band 04, $75,420.00 - $88,661.00 JOB REFE [...]
About Us Connecting Families’ vision and purpose is to bring communities together to ultimately create a better life for children, adults, and families. We possess a strong belief that every indivi [...]
Programmed Skilled Workforce are currently seeking Experienced Industrial Sewers. Our client are a well-established manufacturer and distributor of Mattresses who are looking for the right applicant t [...]