New South Wales
Australian Unity is proud of its diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to building its engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities through employment opportunities across our organisation. Australian Unity currently employs more than 250 people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
Aboriginal Home Care provides culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people throughout Australia; including domestic assistance, personal care, social/community and transportation thus enabling them to live independently in their homes.
This role will be part of the Western Aboriginal Home Care Branch and will be based in Wilcannia, NSW.
You will be required to have previous experience or awareness of working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities and you will be working within a community where connections are valued.
What we are looking for:
- Positive attitude, approachable nature and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Management or team leader experience
- Aboriginal culture experience or awareness of working with this culture.
- Share the Australian Unity values of being bold, warm and honest.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and communities
- Ability in case management including assessing, planning and monitoring customer needs
- Experience working with customers and carers in a community based organisation
- Experience leading a team and managing performance of employees
- Valid NSW driving license.
- Open to completing background checking (Right to work/Police and reference checks).
- Supported professional development and training.
- Access to a mobile phone, which can be used outside of working hours.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave.
- Flexible working hours, as and when possible
- Health insurance and fitness memberships discounts
- A connection to one of the oldest living cultures in the world.
- The opportunity to ‘Join the Optimists’
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Description: The Team Leader Venues assists the Venues Coordinator to deliver a range of high quality visitor experiences, events and environmental education programs within Ku-ring-gai WEBSITE [...]
We are seeking a highly experienced Design Manager to join our NSW team in Sydney for a range of projects for Defence who is able to obtain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Bas [...]
Posted: 24/11/2020 Closing Date: 08/12/2020 Salary: $49,794.00 - $56,012.00 Job Type: Permanent - Full Time Location: Colleen Gale Child Care Centre (Long Day Care) Job Category: Education, Ch [...]
Description: The Administration Assistant assists in planning, research, implementation and promotion of Council's Seniors Program. WEBSITE VERSION: Administration Assistant - Salary $6 [...]